may oriana

mac10

Sounds like we are on the same cruise May 23rd??

I have sailed to Canaries before , so looking forward to this relaxing cruise and hopefully lots of sun... we went May 12th last time and came back brown as berries., this time its a few weeks later so weather should be really good, I haven't sailed on Oriana before but will definatley be trying the Rhodes restaurant, book this on the day you board if you fancy it. I have dined in the Rhodes restaurant on Arcadia quite a few times and it was fantastic, and I have heard the Oriana Rhodes is just as good.

You can take your own alcohol onboard from Southampton if you want a drink in your cabin - there is a thread about that on this section further down.

What type of cabin are you having?

Maderia is lovely, and you don't need to book a trip here...a free shuttle bus takes you to the harbourside,where you can buy cable car ticket to go up the mountains to the gardens at the top.

Tenerife, we went to Playa la Americas , a trip organised onboard a few days before we arrived,a leaflet for the trip was posted in cabin about £16ppfor coach only to the white sands side of Tenerife.

Any particular questions, just say

We found the Canaries cruise a relaxing and enjoyable cruise, have since done Med and Venice and E.Med and they are more 'hectic'

Sue,

Dont take too much alcohol from Southampton as its cheaper in the Canaries and you may even get some to bring home. Be wary of the UK custom regulations though as the Canaries is outside the EU for custom purpose so you are only allowed one litre of spirits. Strangely, Madeira is within the EU as it is considered part of Portugal so you can buy as much as you can carry from there.

Brian

Be wary of the UK custom regulations though as the Canaries is outside the EU for custom purpose so you are only allowed one litre of spirits.

I remember arriving at East Midlands airport a couple of years ago after a flight from Palma (Mallorca). We arrived at the same time as a flight from somewhere in the Canaries, and there was a very large lady in the customs hall splitting the incoming passengers into two groups. The Canary passengers looked as if they were being subjected to quite a serious inspection, while we Mallorca passengers just walked straight through....

Brain

I don't buy much booze on the duty free... I just take my wine box really for balcony pleasure !!! these days the supermarket special offers (baileys a litre for £10 for example) seem to match any duty free bargins...

For those of you who have not been on Oriana, I have added some photos of the ship from the cruise to the Eastern Med we did in Nov/Dec 2007. We have only been on Oriana once and we think this was the best ever cruise we have done (out of 12)

http://picasaweb.google.com/briani062/Oriana#

Brian

thanks for photos looks good could do with some sun now

Archived