How far is the Sarasota airport from the Port in Tampa?

We are looking at a 4 night cruise on the Grandeur out of Tampa. We fly Delta and they don't have any flights when we need them. What other airports would work? We are flying in the day before (we will get in late the night before). We have cruised 9 times but all out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale so I am completely clueless!

What about hotels close to the port?

Thanks!

I would plan about an hour drive. It's directly south, but you have to go around the bay and traffic/congestion can slow you down. Orlando, MCO, is an option and that's about 1.5 hours from airport to the pier. There are decent hotel's near the pier, but more on the expensive side as they are part of the downtown area. All are highly recommended, but cost a little more then a Hampton Inn type hotel.

We are looking at a 4 night cruise on the Grandeur out of Tampa. We fly Delta and they don't have any flights when we need them. What other airports would work? We are flying in the day before (we will get in late the night before). We have cruised 9 times but all out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale so I am completely clueless!

What about hotels close to the port?

Thanks!

Port of Tampa is about 60 miles from Sarasota and 85 miles from Orlando. It is about 10 miles or less from Tampa airport to the Port. From TPA you could use a taxi or the Super Shuttle. From Sarasota or Orlando you'd probably want a rental car [generally no drop fee anywhere within Florida].

Your 2 options like mentioned are Sarasota and Orlando. I have never flown in and out of Sarasota so I can't help you out there but Sarasota is about a 75minute drive...maybe 60. Orlando is going to be closer to 90 minutes....both are very easy drives...I would choose with ever has the best schedule and price that work. Renting a car in Fl is EASY as can be and cheap.

Archived