What to put in front of phone # to text internationally?

With verizon it is .50 cents a text to send and .05 cents a text to receive internationally. So that said....do I just type in regular number to text with a 1 in front? or do I have to do 011 or something like that? And what about the people texting me? We will be in the bahamas if that matters.

thanks!!

With verizon it is .50 cents a text to send and .05 cents a text to receive internationally. So that said....do I just type in regular number to text with a 1 in front? or do I have to do 011 or something like that? And what about the people texting me? We will be in the bahamas if that matters.

thanks!!

If you are texting to the US then just text as normal, the Bahamas uses the North American phone numbering system

Before every phone number you have stored put the + sign and then the dialling code for the country:

So +1 for USA

+44 for England

+61 for Australia etc etc

Because + is the international code for 'dial abroad' it means your cell will work in every country, without the need to know that specific country's international dialling codes.

In the USA you dial 011 to get an international number and then the country code, in UK we dial 00 and then the country code, in Australia we dial 0011 and then the country code........you see each country is different and using the '+' gets round it.

If you call verizon they will add something to your service (for free), so that you can use it out of the country. At least it worked in the caribbean. They will explain how it works for you and you will get a text to your phone when you get into port telling you how to make calls there.

My phone worked well on board, in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Got NO signal the whole time we were in Costa Maya.:rolleyes:

Just call Verizon and ask them to put international dialing on your phone. There is no charge to have this done. You can go to their web site, click on business info. This will give you all the codes for the different countries. You don't need the country code for most of the Caribbean. I am sure that you will need it for Europe.

Archived