? for PR local posters

TravelingG

I will be arriving in San Juan on Friday, April 24 around noon and my ship, Grandeur sails @ 5:30 the next day. I am picking up a car from Charlies (airport) and dropping it off at their office by the cruise port, the next day. I'm staying at the Courtyard Miramar. My question is, is it feasable that I could do the self guided walking tour Old San Juan then do the BioBay Dinner/excursion Friday, and have time to visit the Rain Forrest Saturday before boarding the ship. I've read on the boards about the nightmare of getting to the port (Charlie's shuttle will be dropping us off). Also it appears that day there is only one other ship in San Juan (Carnival, which I think will be at the other dock).

I'd appreciate any advice and/or comments since you guys know the area as your home.

Thanks so much

I assume you're talking about the East Island trip to the biobay in Vieques.

Let's do the math ... you land around noon. By the time you collect your luggage and get the rental car it will be 1:30 - 2:00.

You'll need to be at the marina in Fajardo by around 5pm. The marina is 1 - 1.5 hours from the San Juan area.

That means you'd have to head out between 3:30 - 4pm.

So that gives you about 1.5 - 2 hours in Old San Juan.

When do you plan on checking into your hotel? Mid-day or after you get home from the biobay? Remember that you'll get back to the marina around 10:30 - 11pm. Then you have an hour's drive back to the San Juan area.

You'll have some time to spend in Old San Juan ... but I don't think enough to really see anything. Maybe you can stop by El Morro for a little while.

I'm sure other people will chime in with their opinions.

Thank you, that is the information I need, I was afraid there would be an issue with time. Yes, I was referring to East Island trip to the biobay. If I have to give up one of the three, (Old SJ, BioBay, Rain Forrest) which two do you highly recommend. I have been reading all of the

articles on Puertoricodaytrips.com and want to to it all but I know that's not possible :rolleyes:

The biobay is a must-do.

Whether you spend time in the rain forest or Old San Juan really depends what you enjoy more ... hiking/natures/vistas or history/art/shopping/museums/restaurants.

Both are great and both deserve more than a day each to fully enjoy (we've spent countless days in each and still have more to experience!).

Thank you again, I guess it would make more sense to tour Old San Juan on Saturday than to take the time to drive the distance to the Rain Forest. I love both history and nature hikes especially water falls but I'm afraid I would be too rushed to try to be back at the ship in time. You have been a great help confirming that the BioBay is a "must do" I guess I'll just have to return to SJ to spend time at the Rain Forest at another time. :D

Archived