Dolphin Excursion ??'s.

kg66

Has anyone done this lately? We're on NCL Pearl Feb22 and I know you can't book this privately anymore. My ? is, if it's $159/adult, how much per child? There's no way I'm paying $640 for 4 of us to do it! It's a shame they won't let AKR do it anymore. They allow private companies to offer it in Cozumel. Unfortunately we're doing a tour in Cozumel that isn;t offered anywhere else, or we'd do the dolphins in Cozumel. Thanks for your help.

For anyone who is interested I called NCL and it is $159/adult and $149 for children 3-12 . So that puts us at $620!!! Too rich for my blood for only 1 excursion, especially the first port with 3 others to go!

I believe the Dolphin encounter in Roatan is just that, "an encounter", where you get to pet, kiss and hang around the dolphins for awhile. Whereas the Royal Swim in Cozumel is where you get in the water with them and actually be pushed and lifted as well as learn about them. I believe the cost is about the same. Our family did the Royal Swim in Cozumel in 2005 and it is an incredible experience which my kids still talk about.

BTW, we will be on the Pearl on the same cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the Dolphin encounter in Roatan is just that, "an encounter", where you get to pet, kiss and hang around the dolphins for awhile. Whereas the Royal Swim in Cozumel is where you get in the water with them and actually be pushed and lifted as well as learn about them. I believe the cost is about the same. Our family did the Royal Swim in Cozumel in 2005 and it is an incredible experience which my kids still talk about.

BTW, we will be on the Pearl on the same cruise.

He is right, in Roatan it is just an encounter. You can do it in Cozumel for $149 through Dolphin Discovery (search for them on the net, they have a good site where you can watch videos of what you will do). The good news is that they just opened a new location in Grand Caymen in December. It cost a little more for the Royal Swim since it is a brand new facility. It is $179adult $159child per person but I think it is well worth it. We were planning on doing it in Roatan but after looking into it thought it was kind of high for just an encounter. We found Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel but we had an excursion booked already. We are booked now in Grand Cayman now and cant wait. And FYI, you can do a lesser swim in Caymen for $139adult $119child. It has everything Roatan has plus belly rides.

Hope this helps.

Archived