Mr. Barbados - Beach help for a group!

daisey

Hello Mr. Barbados:

I have a group sailing on the Serenade, Feb. 5, 2005. My group consists of about 30 people ages 6 - 81 yrs. I need a beach close to the ship for transportation reasons, calm for the small kiddies, but watersports & adventure for the teens and alcoholic drinks for the parents!!!

That about sums it up......can you help?

Thanks,

Daisey

Hi Daisey

I hope you don’t mind me answering this question I am fairly sure your going to get the same response from allot of people for this one :)

Boat Yard would be your best shot. Entrance is US$12.00 per person you get back US$5.00 in tokens which you can spend at the bar. They have chairs, umbrellas, kayaks, and other water toys. You can arrange Snorkeling via a glass bottom boat from this location and other water sports, There is also a bar and restaurant.

It is located just outside of Bridgetown so you can catch 3 vans and a cab to and back again there are always cabs and vans by the Boat Yard so it would be easy to get back.

• 2 weeks later...

Daisy - The boatyard is a good choice. We just got off the Serenade last week and we went to the Boatyard. You will run into a lot of the crew from the ship there. They go there to unwind on their time off. It costs $12, you get $5 back in tokens to buy drinks, you get a beach chair, they have changing rooms, and showers, 2 trampolines in the water, a rock climbimg raft in the water, a rope swing off the pier into the water, you can rent jetskis, banana boat rides, snorkel, parasail. Their rates for the watersports are very reasonable. The water is calm there, and it's crystal clear. You should have a nice relaxing day. It's $3 for a cab ride from the ship. It's is also close enough that you could walk if you want. We took a cab there, and walked back to the ship. We've been to the Boatyard twice. This last trip we started out going to Folkstone, but were disappointed when we got there, so decided to go to the Boatyard. We'd been there last time so we knew the Boatyard would not disappoint us.

Archived