Where to snorkel-Aruba,St Thomas, Dominica

Iowaian

Spend a lot of time in Aruba and they have the Antilles which is a shipwreck off the coast,you can take a pirate ship or catamaran to it with 3 other stops and open bar and food for after the snorkeling. This Dec. we were lucky enough tosee turtles and a 5 foot moray eel.barracuda and parrot fish are also abundant.

Going on a Southern Cruise(HAL) - wondering where would be a good spot that we could take a cab to or even a snorkel tour off ship. We are going to Aruba, Dominica, St Thomas, Curacoa. Thanks for info!

Snorkled at Saphhire Beach in St. Thomas in November. Beach was nice, snorkeling was decent.

Took the Rosseau Valley tour with Levi in Dominica - would definitely recommend and was one of the highlights of our trip. He took us to some amazing falls where you can swim, hot and cold pools, etc and also a snorkel stop at Champagne Reef. If you go to Champagne make sure you swim out far enough and to the left, to the edge of the reef, my DH said the snorkeling was amazing.

It looks like HAL has excursions to St John. Trunk Bay on St. John is a great place to snorkel. The beach is beautiful and there are facilities there including a snack shop. Snorkeling access is easy from the beach and there is an underwater snorkeling trail that is great for beginners. There are better places to snorkel on St. John, but few are as easy as Trunk Bay.

You could also do this on your own if you have enough time. You would have to take a ferry to St. John and then take one of the open air cabs from the ferry dock to trunk bay and back and then take a ferry back to St. Thomas when you are done. Check the ferry schedules to see if it is possible within your time frame.

On Aruba I was able to find a lot of eels in the rocks along the shore near the Antilla wreck. The wreck itself is great for diving and goof for snorkeling.

On Dominica we went to Scotts Head to see the champagne bubbles as it was closer to the pier than Champagne Bay. Scotts Head is a very rocky beach, water shoes are highly recommended.

On St Thomas we took the ferry to St. John and I snorkeled twice around the island at Trunk Bay. Afterwards I was told the snorkeling at Cinnamon and Mahp Bays is nicer.

I have not yet been to Curacoa.

Archived