Royal Caribbean’s Dunn's River Falls Tour - MJ03

ckl

I would very much appreciate any feedback from anyone who has/had done this tour.

This is the description of the excursion.

"Dunn's River Falls Tour - MJ03

An approximate two hour drive through the countryside takes you to the town of Ocho Rios where you will visit the spectacular Dunn's River Falls, a 600-foot waterfall. At the falls, water cascades along a rocky, elevated course down to sea level, emptying into the Caribbean Sea. With the help of an experienced guide, you will enjoy the exhilarating climb to the top. Don't forget your bathing suit and water shoes! After Dunn's River the tour travels to Island Village for a scrumptious buffet luncheon at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Restaurant. Island Village boasts a number of duty free shops, a Reggae Xplosion museum, a financial center with services for Western Union and American Express and many other activities. Passengers will have an opportunity to walk about the village before the tour departs for Montego Bay."

Looking forward to hearing your replies. Thanks in advance.

We did this with Princess from Ocho Rios. It was a great day. Take your own water shoes, waterproof camera, and have a ball. Climbing the falls is very physically demanding though so only try it if you are in good shape.

We went to the falls with a RC tour but we were docked in Ocho. Our disappointment was the time restrictions. They take you down the steps to the bottom and start the climb up. Then when we got to the top, they told us to get to the bus. It is so pretty here that we desperately wanted more time to enjoy the area. So the next time we arrived in Ocho, we got a taxi and went for the day and loved it so much. Just stay clear of the market, go back out the way you come in. This can be way to aggressive for my taste.

I say you are at a big disadvantage to be coming from Montego Bay. I agree with the previous poster, I don't think I do this from Montego Bay. I think I would wait for a cruise where you are docked in Ocho Rios and then get off the ship, get a taxi to the falls and stay as long as YOU want. Also, Margaritaville is right there by the ship. Just my opinion. Hope this helps some.

Thank you very much for everyone's feedback, very much appreciated.

We did land tours in Europe involving long bus rides. My family and I generally didn't find the bus rides long because the sceneries were quite beautiful and the buses were luxury air-conditioned coaches with onboard washroom. With this excursion though, Royal Caribbean said that they use Toyota HiAce vans. I've never heard of this Toyota van before so I'd googled it and it looks alright.

My other questions re this excursion are:

1) How is the condition of the roads from Montego Bay to Dunn's Falls, e.g. dirt road, paved road, lots of pot holes, etc?

2) How are the sceneries?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Archived