Rum Point without Nativeway

JXR

Do any of you know of any other tours that go to Rum Point ??? Tried booking through Nativeway, but they were booked for my dates.

Is the Ferry still running from 7-mile beach, or not ???

Thanks,

Joanne

Joanne, the ferry does not run any longer :( We have used Island Excursions in the past and they have "tour" that you can rent a mini van (with driver) and customize your own day. As the driver said, it was our day and he would drive us anywhere we wanted to go :) Well, we spent the day at Rum Point! :) The driver stayed there and waited for us and for our return trip he had cold bottles of water for us and the seats were covered with towels and the AC was on high!! It really was a wonderful day, though a little pricey as there were only 3 of us and we had to pay for a minimum of 4. They will not take anymore than 6 passengers and when you make reservations, the van is yours...no sharing with other groups, etc.

This year when we go back I think we will rent a car for the day. It costs only $70 and we'll drive up to Rum Point (it really seems easy) for the day. I'd like to hear from other people that may have chosen to drive and see if it indeed is easy.

I hope this information helps you a bit...

Joanne, the ferry does not run any longer :( We have used Island Excursions in the past and they have "tour" that you can rent a mini van (with driver) and customize your own day. As the driver said, it was our day and he would drive us anywhere we wanted to go :) Well, we spent the day at Rum Point! :) The driver stayed there and waited for us and for our return trip he had cold bottles of water for us and the seats were covered with towels and the AC was on high!! It really was a wonderful day, though a little pricey as there were only 3 of us and we had to pay for a minimum of 4. They will not take anymore than 6 passengers and when you make reservations, the van is yours...no sharing with other groups, etc.

This year when we go back I think we will rent a car for the day. It costs only $70 and we'll drive up to Rum Point (it really seems easy) for the day. I'd like to hear from other people that may have chosen to drive and see if it indeed is easy.

I hope this information helps you a bit...

Thanks NoVa Mimi,

That is not really an option for me since I am travelling solo. I will probably just head over to Sea Grape for the day. Had a really nice time there last time.

As you cruise approaches, you may want to check with Sharon at NativeWays again. At first we were told they were booked and then due to cancellations, we were able to book with them.

Also, I learned in November when I was on their tour that they also do the ships excurison. We booked privately and there were two boats. They had folks from an overcrowded boat get on ours. Chris our guide from Nativeway told us they do the tours for Princess. I'm not sure if that includes Carnival but if you are traveling solo you may want to see if the ship offers the RRR excursion. Back at the pier, I saw 2 gentlemen in Princess uniforms give Sharon money.

Archived