questions about upcoming carnival freedom cruise

BJDonnelly

OOOOO....I leave in two weeks for my cruise. I am so excited I can barely stand it. We are going on the carnival freedom. We are staying in 1202 which by appearances on the "deck plans" is an inside cabin and it appears to be a different shape. Anyone know anything about that?

Now, I am wondering about the non-formal nights in the dining room. Will a dressy pant suit work or does it have to be a dress? Wasn't there a website or maybe its just pictures of where I can look at the menu for the ship? I am a very picky eater and am just curious. Is anyone else cruising on this particular ship at the same time?

Thanks for your time.....

Almost anything goes on non-formal nights. You can even wear jeans if you want!

Your cabin as alll the way forward. It looks like there's a curve along the wall but it looks a little wider than others, so you're probably getting the same size room as all inside rooms.

I don't have a menu, but I'm confident even the pickiest of eaters can find something to eat. There's a section called "Carnival Classics" that has grilled chicken, salmon, flat iron steak, etc every night.

OOOOO....I leave in two weeks for my cruise. I am so excited I can barely stand it. We are going on the carnival freedom. We are staying in 1202 which by appearances on the "deck plans" is an inside cabin and it appears to be a different shape. Anyone know anything about that?

Now, I am wondering about the non-formal nights in the dining room. Will a dressy pant suit work or does it have to be a dress? Wasn't there a website or maybe its just pictures of where I can look at the menu for the ship? I am a very picky eater and am just curious. Is anyone else cruising on this particular ship at the same time?

You will have a great time! We're cruising on the Freedom (for the second time and doing the Western Itinerary too).

I don't know about your stateroom, but in the dining room - capris, slacks, skirts, and dresses are about what most women wear. You do not need "dressy", but it is fun to get dressed up! I have seen others in shorts too on non-elegant nights.

Have a wonderful cruise and let us know about the ports of call!

Hi,

My friends stayed in the same stateroom as you. I visited them in the cabin. I can tell you it is wider than most inside cabins, but the thing that I could NOT stand was the constant Bashing of the waves against the brow. You are not the last cabin forward ( there are crew cabins past yours) but it looks to be the last one on that deck...there must a a secret door!

If you bring ear plugs then the waves are tolerable...at least that is what my friends said.

As for the dining room, non formal nights found us in cruise smart (nice top and pants or a simple dress.) The formal nights most everyone wore cocktail dresses and suits.

My friend is a picky eater too...she found plenty to eat in the dining room and on lido deck!

Enjoy your cruise. We did!

Archived