worth going to Chops if a non-beef lover?

cina54

Hi All, We made reservations to Portofinos and are thinking about making one to Chops. I rarely eat beef just prefer chicken and fish. I looked at the chops menu and don't see a lot of choice for me. The price is just a tad more for Chops I am guessing because of the high steak volume. Anyone in my shoes still chose Chops?

thanks,

cina54 Liberty of the Seas 2/21/09

the sides and desserts were very good when we went to Chops on Liberty but the steak was certainly the highlight...not sure it would be as enjoyable without it, but still good food...a little like others have mentioned...Portofino may be a good secondary option for you

Hi All, We made reservations to Portofinos and are thinking about making one to Chops. I rarely eat beef just prefer chicken and fish. I looked at the chops menu and don't see a lot of choice for me. The price is just a tad more for Chops I am guessing because of the high steak volume. Anyone in my shoes still chose Chops?

thanks,

cina54 Liberty of the Seas 2/21/09

Nope! I would choose (and have chosen) Portfino twice on any cruise over Chops. The only thing that would make me choose Chops again (over Portofino - I did enjoy Chops just not nearly as much) is if someone else in my party really wanted to do Chops. Even when DH wants a steak, he prefers the one he got in Portofino over the one he got at Chops. And since he loves the "Tiramisu and Shot" dessert over all others, he will always vote Portofino as well.

I don't eat beef, pork, or lamb but have been to Chops a couple of times because hubby is a complete carnivore. The salmon and chicken in Chops was good and I really loved the Mud-something dessert. However, the scallops were horrible (add some seasonings!!!) - no flavor and rubbery. If it were just me, I'd skip Chops and go to Portofinos twice.

Archived