Detailed map of Paradise Island?

starrian

Scubagirrl,

Thanks for the great map. I noticed while looking at it that there are many other beaches that we never hear about, such as Adelaide, Love, Joy etc. are any of these other (farther away beaches) worth visiting?

It seems all we read on these boards is about Atlantis, Cabbage, Cable and BCH. I find it really too bad that to sit on a nice beach you need to pay a lot of money.

Thanks for you help.

Scubagirrl,

Thanks for the great map. I noticed while looking at it that there are many other beaches that we never hear about, such as Adelaide, Love, Joy etc. are any of these other (farther away beaches) worth visiting?

It seems all we read on these boards is about Atlantis, Cabbage, Cable and BCH. I find it really too bad that to sit on a nice beach you need to pay a lot of money.

Thanks for you help.

Trouble is that they are just to hard to get to.. and hard to find.

Love beach entry is overgrown, and the sight of many local parties. So you find broken glass and debris that is just never cleaned up.

Adelaide sits back from the roadway and is hard to find. (I get lost every time I go down that way). There's no public transportation, and taxi's don't normally get down that way.

Of couse, we also have issues of crime (and packs of dogs) in places that are off the beaten path... so I don't recommend leaving the tourist areas unless you are with a local or a guide.

We're hoping that South Ocean will reopen again.. That's a gorgeous stretch of beach as well.. .but you can't get to it.

Unfortunately, the gov't has not seen to it to maintain public beaches, and has allowed to much of the oceanfront to be bought up by condos and private houses, leaving limited beaches for locals to enjoy.

It's a big problem here..

YOu should also be aware, that even the beaches along west bay street can be dangerous, There are serious undertows and sinkholes.

I always recommend to swim with lifequards in the area.

I don't mean to sound so negative, but safety is an issue in the bahamas, especially near the water.

There are two other Public beaches that noone talks about. Lighthouse beach, which is just 1/2 mile west outside of town next to BCH, (this is also near arawak Cay), and Montegue Beach (east of the bridges, next to fort montegue).

Lighthouse beach is maintained during spring break (restrooms, chaise for rent, towels etc), but locked up any other time of year. Montegue has no amenities, is narrow, and close to the roadway.

You'll find lots of debris and seaweed on public beaches as well.

I assume that The Cloisters are on Cloisters Drive, right? A short walk from the bridge?

Just walk up Paradise Island Drive (between Comfort Suites and Anthony's).. the Cloisters and Versaille Gardens are about 1 mile up the road.. on the Ocean club Property. Both Sides of the road.

You can't miss it.

Archived