Upgrade with Royal Points

I recently booked a cruise for March 7th on the Indy. I signed up and used the RCI credit card. I now have 16,000 points having used it for the first time by paying for the cruise.

I looked at using the 15k points to upgrade on this cruise.

Can i use it to take $150 off of this cruise that I just booked?

Do you get every upgrade listed?

Would you suggest using the points now or waiting until I get more points?

I can run my expenses through the card and gain points pretty quickly in the future.

Thanks

Tony and Amy

I recently booked a cruise for March 7th on the Indy. I signed up and used the RCI credit card. I now have 16,000 points having used it for the first time by paying for the cruise.

I looked at using the 15k points to upgrade on this cruise.

Can i use it to take $150 off of this cruise that I just booked?

Do you get every upgrade listed?

Would you suggest using the points now or waiting until I get more points?

I can run my expenses through the card and gain points pretty quickly in the future.

Thanks

Tony and Amy

You get the choice of options listed for each level - if that's what you are asking. Not every one on the list. As to using for this cruise, I don't know. Like you, we run all our purchases (including college tuition - that was a free cruise) through the card. We pay off the balance each month so no interest - leaving the points as pure bonus for us. Because if that, have tended to save them up and get the free cruises.......

THanks. I will talk with my wife and decide. We use a hilton honors card and get free rooms all the time. She has decided to start crusing again, so we may not need the hotel points. Also, with priceline, it is not needed as much anymore to get a room for a good price.

At the very least, we can get 150 OBC for this cruise if she still wants the hotel rooms. If it is 1 point for every $1, then we will be waiting awhile for a free cruise.

....If it is 1 point for every $1, then we will be waiting awhile for a free cruise.

Just pay some college tuition on the card, that will get you there in no time! :D We would always pay for the tuition on the card and then when the statement came, we would pull the money out of savings and pay the card. It almost made sending all that money out the door fun......

Archived