New to an AD suite questions.

Postman1963

My wife and I just upgraded to an AD on the Star for next week 1/17/09.

We want to do this right so I have a couple of questions for people who have been there done that. I want to order a crab and shrimp louie for lunch when we first board. I want to know how, or if I should tip the butler who brings me this delicious meal. When I use the butler or concierge for other services how do I tip them? Do I wait until the end of the cruise and give them a set amount? Do I tip each time they provide service? I am so confused.

Postman1963

On our first cruise, we learned to tip the butler at the end. We actually tried to tip him on the first day, but he told us that he would see us everyday (and he did) and to wait for the end. We were a little confused too on our first cruise. The same would go for the concierge too (about tipping at the end) though we did not see her much. We used our butler a lot more just because we got breakfast in the room every morning.

Agreed, traditionally you tip at the end of the cruise.

That said, I have never been refused when I tipped up front when we had and AB or an AD upon first service received. My goal was to make it clear that we intended to tip for good service and it worked both times.

Archived