Recommendation needed on Devils Mouth & Playa Rincon

PamIam

NCL has a shore excursion called Devils Mouth -Playa Rincon. Has anyone taken this trip. How much time is there at the beach (Playa Rincon)? Which beach is better Playa Rincon or Cayo Levantado? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

by reading every review you can find in the Reviews section. In case not, I'll tell you what I've read.

The tour is long without much beach time. One poster said that when they arrived at the beach they placed their lunch order and were unable to finish it because the tour director said it was time to leave. He/she commented that where it said, "wear bathing suit" it really wasn't necessary since they didn't get any beach time. So maybe it's a question of having beach time vs. food time. But on a 5 hour excursion, you do usually need food!

by reading every review you can find in the Reviews section. In case not, I'll tell you what I've read.

Thanks Phyllis for reposting that review. I had read that too (as I am sure PamIam has too).

Unfortunately, there is not much feedback on Samana and the excursions so we are seeking multiple opinions from folks who have perhaps just returned or perhaps have not provided there feedback previously for others to read. Or even better, folks that have done multiple excursions/visits to Samana who can help us decide which excursions is best suited to us.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569619852WjgjhE?start=28

Posted by a passenger on Explorer of the Seas. She took the Casa Dorado excursion by van and then boat to Playa Rincon. Go to page two, line two from the sunset on and see #42-86 for photos of Samana, tender dock, countryside, beach, restaurant, rest rooms etc.

Thanks for the information. I was looking to see if someone had recently taken the NCL trip...but now it appears that the devils mouth /playa rincon is not available for my cruise this april per the NCL website. The only way would be through an independent tour...which is still a possibility.

The one our roll call is using is casadoradodr.com. With 10 people it is $26 per person. They supply a van at the pier to get you to Las Galeras. Then there is a boat ride to the beach. Contact Catherine, the owner (an American, former principal of a NY school, married to a Dominican who lived in the states for 20 years) for further information if you don't see your answer on the website.

Thanks Phyllis...I emailed and received a prompt reply from Catherine of Casa Dorado. I started thread on our ships roll call - NCL Dawn 4/11 to see if I can round up 6 more cruisers to go on this day trip. So far she has nothing scheduled. I appreciate your advice!

Thanks Phyllis...I emailed and received a prompt reply from Catherine of Casa Dorado. I started thread on our ships roll call - NCL Dawn 4/11 to see if I can round up 6 more cruisers to go on this day trip. So far she has nothing scheduled. I appreciate your advice!

PamIam,

Can you share what it is you will be doing with this day trip?

Thanks!

Silc

Archived