Seattle Hotel Recommendations?

lifeisgood3

Hi,

We'll be sailing on Celebrity in June and are looking for advice for where to stay in Seattle.

My parents are also going, and my Dad is in his mid 80's. He has a hard time walking, so we really need to find a nice hotel within short, easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping. He loves to be by the ocean, so am also looking for some place on the waterfront, or very close to it. The ship will be sailing from Bell St. Pier 66. Be great if the hotel was also close by. Price range less than $225/night. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide. Lifeisgood3

The Edgewater Hotel is only a couple of blocks away on the same side of the street. It's right on the waterfront. Years ago people could fish from their hotel window. It's a nice hotel. There is also the Marriott across almost across the street from P66. It's also very nice.

problem with those lovely hotels for a person who may not get around as well as they used to, is that to get "up" to shopping you would have to take a taxi or walk up (way up) to the main shopping/restaurant area. Finding a hotel in the central part of the city might be a better choice. Check out www.visitseattle.org. You should be able to find something for $225 - maybe there will be specials this year. The Red Lion (high rise) between 4th & 5th might be a good choice - great location & many price range rooms.

Hi,

We'll be sailing on Celebrity in June and are looking for advice for where to stay in Seattle.

My parents are also going, and my Dad is in his mid 80's. He has a hard time walking, so we really need to find a nice hotel within short, easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping. He loves to be by the ocean, so am also looking for some place on the waterfront, or very close to it. The ship will be sailing from Bell St. Pier 66. Be great if the hotel was also close by. Price range less than $225/night. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide. Lifeisgood3

I stayed in Seattle this past March at the Edgewater hotel and loved it. You had a city view room, when I went to check-in, they concierge gave me a deal of $50 more and I can get an ocean-view room. I opted out since I liked the idea of seeing the city outside my window. However, I had some regrets especially at night when the train passes by and my window was open. It was quite loud. The Edgewater is about a 4 - 5 minute walk and on the same block as the hotel; however, the edgewater offers a shuttle that will pick you up and drop you off within the downtown area, so that might be great for your parents. If you decide to go with this hotel, I'd recommend signing up for their e-newsletter. they are always sending me more great deals.

On our last Alaska trip, we stayed at the Silver Cloud Stadium http://www.silvercloud.com/. there are a few good restaurants and a brew pub within walking distance but best of all it is right across the street from Safeco Field. We were able to catch our ship and a game in the same trip. Actually from our room, we were able to see the players warming up.

It is also right on the 'free-bus' zone area so I was able to catch the bus to pioneer square and a little further downtown to get to the pike place market. Note, a little walking was required and seattle is a city of hills. Sometimes it is better to take a taxi.

Happy sailing

Archived