Price increase question

ilmsg

We've been going back and forth on which cruise to take with our frequent flyer miles. The one I think we settled on (2/7 out of Tampa) is now $200 more person then it was last week. :( I shouldn't have waited to book. Will Royal Caribbean ever lower the price to what you saw a few days ago, or is it a lost cause?

We've been going back and forth on which cruise to take with our frequent flyer miles. The one I think we settled on (2/7 out of Tampa) is now $200 more person then it was last week. :( I shouldn't have waited to book. Will Royal Caribbean ever lower the price to what you saw a few days ago, or is it a lost cause?

If you want that cruise take it now. ;)

If the price does go down, just call RCCL or your TA and you will get the lower price. Unless it is a special for new bookings or other such sales.

Cruising isn't like an airline ticket. Book now. If it goes down, call RCL and they'll give you the lower price. I know that some airline offer price reductions but most don't. But.... what do you mean about using you frequent flyer miles? For the cruise? If so, then wouldn't you use miles not dollars?

Have no idea. This isn't the psychic friends board. ;)

Seriously, The best thing you can do, if you really want that cruise, is to get it and keep checking for price drops.

Good luck :)

What I meant about the frequent flyer miles is that the reason we were taking the cruise is because we had a free flight and thought we could get a relatively inexpensive vacation with a free flight. With frequent flyer miles it's hard to find a time to go because of blackout dates so we kept looking and going back and forth between a few possibilities.

We should have booked last week when it was $200 cheaper. I was hoping they would book it at the lower price but it looks like not. Oh well.

Have no idea. This isn't the psychic friends board. ;)

Seriously, The best thing you can do, if you really want that cruise, is to get it and keep checking for price drops.

Good luck :)

I think you've misunderstood my question.

What I meant is, if you call them and tell them you saw the price lower a week ago, has anyone gotten them to adjust the price to what was advertised prior. I didn't mean would they lower the price in the future, I realize you can't predict that.

I think you've misunderstood my question.

What I meant is, if you call them and tell them you saw the price lower a week ago, has anyone gotten them to adjust the price to what was advertised prior. I didn't mean would they lower the price in the future, I realize you can't predict that.

Never heard of anyone doing that. It may have been a sale price for a set period of time, or most likely, they had a certain amount of cabins at that price and they sold out.

The price drops are really your best bet, and who knows, they may have a big drop right before the sailing (be sure you check the DAY before) and you'll get a nice Credit!

If you book now, your worst case scenario is ...you're cruising in less than a month :)

Never heard of anyone doing that. It may have been a sale price for a set period of time, or most likely, they had a certain amount of cabins at that price and they sold out.

The price drops are really your best bet, and who knows, they may have a big drop right before the sailing (be sure you check the DAY before) and you'll get a nice Credit!

If you book now, your worst case scenario is ...you're cruising in less than a month :)

Yeah I figured they wouldn't do that but I was curious. You're right, worst case... I'm cruising in a month!!! :)

I booked my Monarch cruise 2 days after x-mas for 169 per person. Now, it's at 369 per person for the same category...i hate to say it, but you may be too late to catch another price drop with it being so close to sail date...:(

Our price hasn't changed, but now the TA site is offering $100 obc. We booked last week. Should I call the TA and see if we can get the $100 obc? I booked through a large on-line agency and not RCCL. What do you think are the probabilities of getting it?

Archived