Best Way from San Juan Airport to Royal Caribbean Pier?

I've heard about shuttles from the airport to the pier, but can't seem to find any actual information except from people on these threads (no other website?). Is it better to take a shuttle or cab or walk? Also, what are the prices?

We are going on the Adventure of the Seas on March 8th. The ship says it's scheduled to leave at 8:30pm. What time are we allowed to board because I believe we have a flight arriving in SJU around noon-ish? Can we drop our luggage off at the terminal and then maybe travel around the city for a few hours?

Thanks for the advice!!

You can get on the ship at 12 if you want. I would just go straight there from the airport if I was you. It takes a little while to get on and once you do you can get lunch and go to your room.

Take a cab. It is VERY close. But too far to walk. Outside the airport they have a line to take cabs and they will take you right to the ship. It was maybe a 10 minute ride. It was pretty cheap too. I can't remember how much but pretty cheap.

I was onboard the AOS by noon the end of September. Taxi is the best way to get to the ship. The taxi is regulated and charge a uniform fee according to the number of pax and luggage. I paid approximately $20 for the two of us and three pieces of luggage plus tip. Go to the taxi stand at the airport and join the queue. There will be a dispatcher will write the fare on a piece of paper and give it to the taxi driver. This is what he has to charge - no more and no less. The dispatcher will tell you what the amount is before you get into the cab. It all is quite easy. Happy cruising.

Archived