Any Recent Random Wind tours??

emcee207

We're in St Martin in a few weeks and some cruisemates have chartered Random Wind for the day. Has anyone recently been on her and what did you think. We're torn between that and just hanging at Orient Beach that day.

One point of interest; we are are the Celebrity Solstice (2800 pass) and the Carnival Glory and Crown Princess are also in port that day. Might that make Orient a madhouse and maybe the sail a better thought??

Thanks in advance for any help or info!!

ciao

We go to St Martin every year for a land vacation. For the last 4 years I have chartered the Random Wind for a day of sailing. We do it "clothing optional". It is probably the best day of our vacation. You see parts of the island you would never see from land. You could stop at various beaches for a swim, or just drop anchor and swim around the boat.

If you have a group of your own, you can charter the boat and go where ever you want. Food is great and the capt. "Leary" is great. If you call and make a reservation, tell Diane that Paul & MaryAnn says hello.

Do it. You will not be sorry.:);):D

Thanks Sannesxm,

Sounds like a nice day, HOWEVER,"the engine did not work and you couldn't get back"??!!

I know that there always is the chance of an engine problem or failure, but if I was a charter boat captain, usually booking with cruise ship passengers that usually have to be back to the ship anywhere from 4-6 pm, I'd be sure my equipment was fully checked out and in tip top shape.

Unfortunately, I am now having second thoughts about all this.

Thanks Sannesxm,

Sounds like a nice day, HOWEVER,"the engine did not work and you couldn't get back"??!!

I know that there always is the chance of an engine problem or failure, but if I was a charter boat captain, usually booking with cruise ship passengers that usually have to be back to the ship anywhere from 4-6 pm, I'd be sure my equipment was fully checked out and in tip top shape.

Unfortunately, I am now having second thoughts about all this.

emcee207,(aka Luigi) this is not even funny you cant leave us out their floating alone!!! We need Margo and her new "Rhinestone Encrusted" paddle...

Bon and Mon Cheri

Archived