villa vs another week???

Narita

Have you rented a villa with travel mates for a week and then joined a cruise? TA investigating this sort of trip with compatible previous fellow travelers/friends. Is it risky? to move in with friends (5 couples) for a week. It feels different than the privacy of a ship. Im trying to evaluate that or just cruising for another 7 days before or after the scheduled cruise on Seaborne . Any thoughts?

I think there are so many variables, such as the itinerary, the final location, sharing costs, things to do, and of course, how well you know these friends. I would be tempted to plan a week after the cruise; it might seem easier to separate for excursions and then perhaps meet for dinner.

Have you rented a villa with travel mates for a week and then joined a cruise? TA investigating this sort of trip with compatible previous fellow travelers/friends. Is it risky? to move in with friends (5 couples) for a week. It feels different than the privacy of a ship. Im trying to evaluate that or just cruising for another 7 days before or after the scheduled cruise on Seaborne . Any thoughts?

That would be easy for me....cruise an extra 7 days. Trying to please that many people is very difficult. Lola

Narita, I've done one seven day cruise with Seabourn and three 14 day cruises. Hands down...seven days is not enough. You just get settled in and you receive your luggage tags for disembarkation. Huh uh.

Can you swing a few days pre cruise someplace? I usually fly in early and have some fun relaxing at a resort or whatever. Really fun to anticipate while (maybe) adjusting to time changes.

Best wishes for 2009!

Jane

You are right. We can`t do less than 21 days now. It`s great to get on and unpack and find when you leave the ship all the fashions have changed. :o

Our minimum is 28 days. About to try 44 days. Still want to cry when I leave the ship.:eek:

Archived