Fish and Chips on the Glory

teacher2cruiser

the buffet line was really long when we boarded the ship... so we got fish and chips for lunch. i have to admit - it really wasn't very good. the fish was greasy and soggy... and the shoestring fries were kinda soggy too. we never went back to try it again, so i'm not sure if it's always like that or if we just happened to get a less than stellar batch...?

it is included but has limited hours. They will be glad to tell you the hours.

Fish was good, calamari was a little strange.

We were on Glory a couple of weeks ago. The fish and chips eatery over the buffet was open 12 noon to 3 PM. We found it closing early one day though. The fish and chips was excellent, and DH really liked their seafood soup (can't remember the name). It had clams, shrimp, mussels in it. The "chips" are really shoestring french fries--not the typical chips you get in England. We enjoyed this for lunch and there is no extra charge.

it is included but has limited hours. They will be glad to tell you the hours.

Fish was good, calamari was a little strange.

The Calamari actually has zucchini and onions in it and then deep fried.

Calamari Zucchini Maui Onion Fritters

Anyone know if they have fried oysters on the Glory?

Over New Years they offered:

Fish & Chips

Fried Oysters

Bouillabaisse - excellent :):cool:

Tuna tetaki on watermelon squares - good

Fried calamari/onion fritters

Octopus/potato salad - excellent :)

one other cold prepared seafood dish that I can't recall

Andang was the smiling server each day.

They did have oysters the day we went to the fish and chips--they were decent. The fish--it was over-battered and not all that great. It could be a hit or miss type of place and it is included in your cruise so by all means take advantage of it and form your own opinion.

Is this a specialty restaurant that you pay extra for, or is it included in the price of the cruise?

It is included.

We did fish and chips on the Freedom. Yum. Not overly breaded fish, hot, crisp and tasty!

The ahi tuna bites were tasty too.

the buffet line was really long when we boarded the ship... so we got fish and chips for lunch. i have to admit - it really wasn't very good. the fish was greasy and soggy... and the shoestring fries were kinda soggy too. we never went back to try it again, so i'm not sure if it's always like that or if we just happened to get a less than stellar batch...?

After hearing people rave about the fish and chips we were so excited on the Liberty to be able to try it. Needless to say we found the same thing you did with greasy fish. Now if you are used to that type of food it may seem wonderful but I can't eat really greasy foods so one bite later I threw it away. My son who loves fish couldn't eat it on the Valor either. We didn't say anything to him about it since he normally loves fish and I've never seen him turn it down. He didn't like it either. Again it may have just been that we are not used to eating greasy fish. I normally get my "fish fry" baked and if it is fried it's breaded and not batter like the ships.

After hearing people rave about the fish and chips we were so excited on the Liberty to be able to try it. Needless to say we found the same thing you did with greasy fish. Now if you are used to that type of food it may seem wonderful but I can't eat really greasy foods so one bite later I threw it away. My son who loves fish couldn't eat it on the Valor either. We didn't say anything to him about it since he normally loves fish and I've never seen him turn it down. He didn't like it either. Again it may have just been that we are not used to eating greasy fish. I normally get my "fish fry" baked and if it is fried it's breaded and not batter like the ships.

We had lunch there 4 times and I never even tried the Fish & Chips. I'm not big on fried foods, but the other menu choices brought us back.

Archived