Your favorite experience in Grand Turk

lovevacadays

We booked the "Reef Snorkel and Stingray Safari" through our ship (which was the Westerdam). We met our group and walked a very short ways to board a small boat named "Oasis Divers Aqua Tour". We were first taken to Round Cay Reef where we snorkeled. Lots of fish, a baracuda and a nurse shark. Then we were taken to Gibb's Cay to interact with the stingrays. It was an extremely fun day. There was an underwater photographer, Donna, on board and she shot a video of the whole experience. We received ours last week and were thrilled with the results! We more than got our $30 worth! We have memories to last a lifetime. I would highly recommend this excursion. Later in the day we spent some time in the lounge chairs by Margaritaville (they faced our ship) and we drank rum punch as the sun started to set. What a perfect island day!

Hi- We thoroughly enjoyed our time walking in town (pre-hurricane) and seeing an undeveloped island. The people were very friendly and helpful. There was a very old man talking to everyone who stopped by his porch- they called him the "100 year old man." Has anyone else seen him?

One of my favorite memories was having Governor's Beach to ourselves and walking along finding my first pieces of Sea Glass ever. We sun was setting and the water was dazzling. We rented a golf cart for the day and really took in the local sights. If you just stay at Margaritaville, you'll miss a lot that this island has to offer:)

I have read that damage from "IKE" is still taking its toll on the island outside of the cruise area. We were going to rent a golf cart to tour the island in March but may hold off unless some better reports start showing up.

Archived