Carnival Destiny Questions!!!

poisonivynicole

Carnival Destiny 3-23-09.....Can anyone tell me about Turks and Caicos? And any info on the ship would be great!!! Pictures even better:).... I would love to hear any stories good or bad!! We have one day at sea, any suggestions?

Also I dont HAVE to have passports right... I know they are highly suggested but not mandatory yet?

-Get to the pool EARLY to get a chair! Get one by the aft pool where it is quiet!

-For lunch at the Lido Buffet, get a portion of everything just tp taste it!

-The Taste of Natiosn is difficult to find. I still don't know where it is!

- Pick a couple of things to do on the capers, and just relax and have fun with the rest of your time on board.

Sorry I cant help you with the Grand Turk question. My intinerary did not include that

Hi!

We were on Destiny 10/6/08 and LOVED it! We had an L-shaped cabin with the extended balcony (6371), which was pretty cool.

Our ship was the first one back into Grand Turk after the hurricanes, but we thought it was a very pretty island. There probably won't be much to do beyond the beach and the cruise terminal. The cruise terminal has a website: www.grandturkcc.com. There's a webcam so you can see what's going on. There were several shops and of course, Margaritaville. We met some really nice folks while we were there and really can't wait to go back.

Some of my photos:

Margaritaville

2976564142_569514a8e2.jpg

Here's Destiny docked at Grand Turk

2976564374_a2ea988f02.jpg

And an overview of the island, taken from the Lido Deck. The blue tarps you see are homes that were waiting on new roofs.

2976564758_eb7c48a4e2.jpg

Like I said, we loved Grand Turk, but it will be a while before it's completely back to normal, in my opinon.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have!

Hi!

We were on Destiny 10/6/08 and LOVED it! We had an L-shaped cabin with the extended balcony (6371), which was pretty cool.

Our ship was the first one back into Grand Turk after the hurricanes, but we thought it was a very pretty island. There probably won't be much to do beyond the beach and the cruise terminal. The cruise terminal has a website: www.grandturkcc.com. There's a webcam so you can see what's going on. There were several shops and of course, Margaritaville. We met some really nice folks while we were there and really can't wait to go back.

Some of my photos:

Margaritaville

2976564142_569514a8e2.jpg

Here's Destiny docked at Grand Turk

2976564374_a2ea988f02.jpg

And an overview of the island, taken from the Lido Deck. The blue tarps you see are homes that were waiting on new roofs.

2976564758_eb7c48a4e2.jpg

Like I said, we loved Grand Turk, but it will be a while before it's completely back to normal, in my opinon.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have!

Do you have a picture of the cabin? My friend is in that one in April.

Do you have a picture of the cabin? My friend is in that one in April.

Hi Tess!

Sure! I will say that we really liked this cabin...the entrance is sort of off from the main hallway, so no slamming doors or shouting. It was very quiet!

This is the balcony:

2975739407_64f2d72aa1.jpg

As you enter, the closets are all on your right. Then you enter into the main part of the room:

2976562666_303327d280.jpg

To the left then, you have the bed, bathroom, and the door to the balcony:

2975709257_71fb32d41a.jpg

Hope those help!

Archived