3/8 Spirit Questions: Excursions & ID's?

Cruisin'BusyBee

:) I just looked at my calendar: Daylite Savings Time starts that day - remember to "spring ahead"!:eek:

1. When u get off ship, what form of ID do most people take along w/your ship card? License/Passport/or can u just take a photocopy?

2. Considering the Cozumel Excursion: Playa Mia Beach (yeah, we are going w/kids). Could someone tell me if it is not just the resort pool, but also, can we get on the "actual beach" ? It sounds good w/food and are the drinks REALLY (????) free (this will help us adults - ha ha).

Thanking all who are so very helpful on this site w/ans. to questions no matter if they are weird or not! LOL:D

C/B/B

There is another active message about ID off the ship. Some take a COPY of their passport. That is not going to do you any good when you run into an issue with the law, or have to fly out of the country. We always take our passport unless just planning to walk along the stores just off the ship,but usually take it then as well.

take your chances

i am one of those that take a copy of the passport, we know that it won't help with flights and such...but it does show our passport number and could help to replace the passport more quickly. at least that's our frame of mind. i have had children, in a different port then this cruise, try to pick-pocket my purse and i have had my purse stolen in london (thank goodness my passport was it that purse). the passport carriers that go around your neck are not pretty when you are in bathing suits or tank tops. when i travel in europe, i do have the passport with me at all times.

since i did NCL tours, on the spirit to west caribe, i wasn't too worried about not getting back to the ship on time. we had to show our ship's cabin card and a official photo ID (like driver's lic). most ports we had to show it twice, getting back into the secure area around the ship and at the ship's gangway.

can't help with your beach day in cozumel, we did nachi cocom's resort.

Archived