Dolphin Swims

2snorkel/cruisers

My husband and I will be in Cozumel in Sept and are looking at the Dolphin Encounter. Carnival has two listed that are with different vendors. One at Chakanaab and the other at Dolphinarus. Has anyone had experience with either place? How are the animals treated? What kind of conditions do they live in? I'm trying to research this a bit. Thanks for any info.

We did the one at chankenaab and were very impressed. we did not do it thru carnival though. we did the one that lets you swim and do everything with the dolphins. be careful what you get, they all arent swim with the dolphins some are just get in the water and touch them type deals.

We did the Dolphin Swim (not Encounter) at Chakanabaab (sp?), too. Booked directly with them... Dolphin Discovery I think it's called. It was FANTASTIC!

BTW... I'm sure you'll get all sorts of opinions regarding your questions about how the animals are treated, living conditions, etc. But I was very impressed with this facility. There's lots more to do there at the park, too.

We did the one at chankenaab and were very impressed. we did not do it thru carnival though. we did the one that lets you swim and do everything with the dolphins. be careful what you get, they all arent swim with the dolphins some are just get in the water and touch them type deals.

I'm looking at the swim with them deal similiar to the one you did. I've read some threads where people said that the dolphins are not fed unless they are performing, that's why I'm checking on the facilities where they are kept. I don't go for that kind of thing. You feed every day, like any other pet. Treat them well, they treat you well. Thanks for the info.

Did you happen to purchase the video of your swim? I'm being nosey but how much did it run you if you did? Counting my pennies ahead of time so I'll bring enough...Thanks!

I just got back and did not purchase the video. The amount of time you are actually in it i don't think if very worth while. Not to mention i personally don't need videos of 15 other 12 others.

I had a great time here with the dolphin push pull and swim. One of my favorite excursions. Pictures we negotiated down to 10 dollars from an original 16 per.

quote=Tgreene;17678581]I just got back and did not purchase the video. The amount of time you are actually in it i don't think if very worth while. Not to mention i personally don't need videos of 15 other 12 others.

I had a great time here with the dolphin push pull and swim. One of my favorite excursions. Pictures we negotiated down to 10 dollars from an original 16 per.

:)Thanks Tgreene. I was just wondering what the video price was but you're right, I don't want a bunch of other people in it too. We have a waterproof camera that takes great pictures and short videos and we'll make do with that. I will look at the pictures they offer to. We got one of us snorkeling at Belize two years ago and it's one of our favorite pictures.

Archived