Flight Anchorage to Seattle

Suprano

I've tried to find the average price of a one-way flight from Anchorage to Seattle, but can't seem to find one.

Alaska Airlines is offering one for $228. Does that sound reasonable?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Using www.farecompare.com and looking at their calendar, it's showing a one way for Seattle and Anchorage (not sure if this includes taxes or not) for $235 for all of May thru 6/10 and then for the rest of June, July and August it's showing $260. When you go and pick a date on the calendar the lowest airline fares shown are the all Alaska flights.

Right now for us to get to say the LA area for travel through June 10th (Alaska's current sale, that you must book by 1/24) we're looking at $618 before taxes. Airfare out of here to the West Coast has just gone :eek::eek::eek:

Susan in Anchorage :)

If you are on a one-way cruise, I would compare the price of a multi-city booking (Richmond to Vancouver and Anchorage to Richmond) to that of a roundtrip flight to Seattle plus a one-way flight from Anchorage to Seattle.

I already booked the Richmond/Seattle round trip part (got a great deal on that), so it's just the Anchorage/Seattle part I need to book now.

I already booked the Richmond/Seattle round trip part (got a great deal on that), so it's just the Anchorage/Seattle part I need to book now.

That explains it! Just be careful to allow plenty of time between the flight from Anchorage to Seattle and the flight to Richmond if you're doing both on the same day. If your flight to Seattle is delayed and you miss your flight home from Seattle - you're kind of out of luck.

If you don't specify a date it's hard to give a good answer. $228 on AS seems to be the lowest applicable OW fare during June; it jumps to $250 - $296 in July/Aug, and so on.

I guess I didn't put down the date. We're going around the middle of May. I know you always take a chance with airfare, but I'm hoping $228 is not out of the range of specials that might be coming up.

I guess I didn't put down the date. We're going around the middle of May. I know you always take a chance with airfare, but I'm hoping $228 is not out of the range of specials that might be coming up.

That I feel is going to be the going rate. Continental occasionally will do something maybe in the $200 or so each way, but those are becoming few and far between and they had a habit of being a weekend thing. Up or down say on a Thursday or Friday and back on a Monday or Tuesday.

We have the same flight issues. We will be flying out of KC to Seattle round trip. We have to get to Vancouver to sail to Anchorage. We will then do a land tour with Princess for the next 6 days to Fairbanks. The lowest fare we can find back to Seattle from Fairbanks is around $357 on Alaska Air one way.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas of better air fares. WE will sail on Aug 3 for 7 nights and need the air back to Seattle one way on Aug 15. Help!

We have the same flight issues. We will be flying out of KC to Seattle round trip. We have to get to Vancouver to sail to Anchorage. We will then do a land tour with Princess for the next 6 days to Fairbanks. The lowest fare we can find back to Seattle from Fairbanks is around $357 on Alaska Air one way.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas of better air fares. WE will sail on Aug 3 for 7 nights and need the air back to Seattle one way on Aug 15. Help!

You could CRUISE back to Vancouver! How much was your roundtrip airfare to Seattle? I hope your flight to Seattle isn't the same day you are cruising out of Vancouver!

You're pretty much a captive audience in Fairbanks. Meaning basically Alaska is it out of Fairbanks and I bet you probably stop in Anchorage any ways.

There are two small airlines that do trips between Fairbanks and Anchorage - Era http://www.flyera.com/ and Frontier Flying http://www.frontierflying.com/. You could possibly see what a one way on them would be and then a one way Anchorage to Seattle.

Actually with the way fares have been running, which is high. Right now Alaska is having a sale but it's only for travel through June 10th and when you look at that before taxes they are showing one way Fairbanks to Seattle for $269. But with that being said, not sure when they'll have their next sale and also planes out of here and coming up here in the summer are quite full if not overbooked.

At this point, it's one big cr*p shoot! I'm about having a heart attack pricing out my Anchorage to Vancouver, San Diego to Anchorage in September. The San Diego to Anchorage part isn't bad but of my goodness the Anchorage to Vancouver part is :eek::eek::eek:

Susan, have you considered flying to Seattle instead of Vancouver and taking the train up to Vancouver?

Thought about it but then it would involve extra leave time to do it (dang this job:D), so we'll just bite the bullet. Good thing is that I'll have an Alaska Airlines companion ticket to use, so it's basically add about $100 to $120 to the costs of my ticket and then divide by half, so not as bad.

Thought about it but then it would involve extra leave time to do it (dang this job:D), so we'll just bite the bullet. Good thing is that I'll have an Alaska Airlines companion ticket to use, so it's basically add about $100 to $120 to the costs of my ticket and then divide by half, so not as bad.

Ah well, hope you haven't frozen to the ground up there. Has it warmed up any since last week? I was looking at those temperatures and was suddenly glad I no longer lived in Anchorage.

Ah well, hope you haven't frozen to the ground up there. Has it warmed up any since last week? I was looking at those temperatures and was suddenly glad I no longer lived in Anchorage.

It actually has. After the lowest for the winter, last Wednesday, it was offiical 19 below here in town (but that's over in Sand Lake) it was running 25 to 30 below on the East side, we hit 18 above yesterday and right now (11:30 a.m. AST) it's 22 but it has started to snow. Amazing how much warmer it is above 0 :eek:

I was about to book my flight from Anchorage to Seattle. We need a flight post-cruise on July 27. Right now Alaska Air has the fare at $296 (I started on Kayak). When I went to the Alaska Air site I checked their specials. They have Anchorage to Seattle for $219 but only through June 10. Should I wait and see if a lower price opens up in the next month?????

I was about to book my flight from Anchorage to Seattle. We need a flight post-cruise on July 27. Right now Alaska Air has the fare at $296 (I started on Kayak). When I went to the Alaska Air site I checked their specials. They have Anchorage to Seattle for $219 but only through June 10. Should I wait and see if a lower price opens up in the next month?????

I have also been attached to the computer, researching various flight options from Philly to Vancouver and then from Anchorage back home. You have probably already seen this, but today I noticed that Orbitz is offering a refund of the price difference if you book a flight with them and then someone books that same flight at a lower cost - on Orbitz. I had been using Kayak for my initial research so hadn't seen this. But thought I'd mention it in case you want to book through Orbitz and perhaps get a refund later.

There was an interesting CNN article (online) today (http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/traveltips/01/14/essential.travel.strategies/index.html?eref=rss_travel) called 9 Essential Travel Strategies for 2009. One of the things it predicted is that the airlines may not follow the game plan we have come to expect. The theory is that airlines will try to fill their planes with passengers paying higher prices and only offer the deep fare cuts closer to flight time. But I'm not suggesting that you count on that. I am pretty much ready to book my flights and get on with life....:)

And I just read in the USAToday that this is what the Delta President said "Now, the airline is "expecting a number of around 2,000 because the capacity reduction is going to be around 6 to 8%."

So with capacity reductions, which translates into less flights and more competition for those seats, the airline industry as Sapphire 73 said is going to become less and less predictable.

Archived