I need to loose 25-30 pounds please help

disneylover79

So I am going on the April 25th Liberty of the seas and I want to loose my belly... that is where I hold it all.... I want to where a beautiful ball gown for formal night so I need to firm up my belly....

So what are your suggestions... anything easy and quick....

Thanks for the help

Well to begin with there simply is nothing easy an quick. If you want to change your body it is hard work but it can certainly be done by April if you are willing to commit to put the time and effort into it.

Need more info.. With the exception of your tummy are you happy with with your weight, and your age, present condition and weight would be a good start. Then I am sure I can give you tips to get you started.

I clicked on this link and it's an adverstisement for tea. It's the same tea I buy at the chinese market here for 1.49 for 10 teabags. It does suppress appetite and I suppose could be useful but it's really a bunch of bunk, I think. You have to do more than drink them "miracle tea"

Like Smooth said, there is no quick and easy way. If it's fat, you need to do a LOT of cardio..not just a simple 20 minute walk...like an hour per day. Weights can help build muscle, but you HAVE to do cardio and at a heart pumping rate. And it's a lifestyle change. That means no junk food, watch the carbs, and the portion sizes. More fruits/vegetables, no fast food, all the stuff you probably already know. You can do ab exercises which help, but you really need to lose the fat before you can really see a "toned" look on your belly. And we're talking 100's of ab exercises, like 20-30 minutes a day not just a set of 10 or 20.

This is what I learned from working with a trainer. Try this source, http://www.stewsmith.com for good info.

EVERY diet, no matter what it consists of, involves portion control. You could probalby take all you foods you eat now and if you checked the portion sizes and cut that down even that is a start.

I would suggest reading Brenda's thread from beginning to end, "Completely Depressed and Frustrated, Help"...It's all about a lifestyle change which is what you need.

Hi,

I used to be pretty obese and started putting on a lot of weight especially on my thighs and bottom in my late thirties. I started exercising as often as possible and also cut down on a lot of high calorie stuff. Unfortunately I hardly managed to lose much weight at all. I then recently read an article by a lady who claimed that she managed to lose nearly half of her weight using a particular weight loss supplement. I tried it out and it actually worked quite well. Within 4 months I managed to lose about 65 pounds. The results were pretty amazing and I feel so much healthier and energetic now. You can read more about the lady's article at

http://www.obesityzapped.com

I bougth some of the Healthy Choice soups that can be heated in the microwave to bring for lunch. Thought it was a great idea, filling and only 150 calories... Then I begin to have stomach problems... Lo and behold the sodium in the soup was just off the charts....

Be careful to watch the sodium contents with the ready to eat stuff.

Isn't that the truth..why not make a big pot of homemade soup and control what goes into it! I'm thinking of doing that today..it's like 50 degrees here in palm beach this morning and it feels the way 20 degrees used to feel to me up north.

Anyways, it's true..lots of the low calorie and low fat stuff you can buy makes the tradeoff in calories by adding sodium and a bunch of other chmeical stuff. Better off taking the time to make the same thing at home if you can. It takes time, but then again, everything involved with a health lifetyle takes time. The human body only needs less than 2000mg of sodium per day for physiological purposes and most cans of soup have an entire days worth of sodium.

I bougth some of the Healthy Choice soups that can be heated in the microwave to bring for lunch. Thought it was a great idea, filling and only 150 calories... Then I begin to have stomach problems... Lo and behold the sodium in the soup was just off the charts....

Be careful to watch the sodium contents with the ready to eat stuff.

I think Jennifer8055 is a spammer. Urgh-this is the newest thing-fake weight loss blogs. "jennifer's" only posts on cruise critic are the same. Although I do agree green tea seems to curb cravings a bit(as does Hoodia-which is not in this suppliment). You can get everything on your own and spend much less.

Anyway-I could never lose 30 lbs that fast! you may want to check out some of the low carb plans though. They require no special foods (you make them all!) . Weight loss foods tends to be whole unprocessed foods-meat and veggies. you have to exercise, esp resistance training/ weights, so you do not lose muscle.

here is a very informitive forum if you want info on reducing processed foods and starches: http://forum.lowcarber.org/

hang in there and have a great cruise. I have to say I am really stalled at desired weight loss myself, but I am getting really nicely toned b/c of the increased exersise. spouse even noticed I look "firmer" . :)

I am trying to lose about 20-25 lbs by my 4/12 cruise. Last week I joined the Biggest Loser Club, and signed up for 1 of their challenges. I am now exercising about 45-60 minutes 6 days a week, and eating between 1200-1400 calories/day (same calorie range my Dr and a personal trainer suggested). I ended up losing 4 lbs. I know that I'm not always going to be that lucky with the weight loss/week, but it showed me a)it's possible b) I have the stamina to do it.

So I am going on the April 25th Liberty of the seas and I want to loose my belly... that is where I hold it all.... I want to where a beautiful ball gown for formal night so I need to firm up my belly....

So what are your suggestions... anything easy and quick....

Thanks for the help

LOL, most of my belly is already "loose" (sic)...:D I need to tighten it up by losing weight as well as exercising those muscles. Ugh. Hate it, but there is no other way.

I just bought a nice "bubble dress" at Macy's that actually helps hide a "loose" belly so I can feel beautiful dressed up while I work on the infrastructure. LOL

The only way to lose weight is take in fewer calories than you expend. Move more. One day at a time. I personally like Weight Watchers because it is so well rounded. There is no "easy and quick" fix. Easy and quick food is probably one of the things that got us into this mess, eh?

Hi All

Like the original poster i wanted to loose weight so i could wear a nice dress i had on formal night.

I cut out all junk food. Although i did still have the occassional biscuit or choclate. I ate cereal for breakfast, chicken or ham and salad sandwich for lunch and what i normally ate for dinner. Just cut right back on potatoes. If i was hungry between i would have a piece of fruit.

My friends will tell you i am the ultimate lounge lizard and hated exercise. I got motivated and got into it.

I bought Billy Blank dvds and a few others. I worked out doing dvds everyday for 3 months doing an hour dvd. And it seems they all say that the best way to get a nice waist involves twisting. Not ab crunches.

I never did one ab crunch. I lost 8 inches from around my waist and 13 pounds.

My hubbie also bought me a proper rowing machine like they have iin the gyms after seeing how motivated i was. So i then added rowing 5kms a day to my regime.

I left to go on my cruise not as small has i had hoped but alot better then ii was.

I am proud to say after a month in Italy, 28 days on a cruise, i have come home the same size as i left and about to get back into exercising.

While everyone was eating hot food for lunch i ate the yummy salads and gave desserts the wide berth. Had fruit instead.

As others say its not easy. When i started, for about a week i felt like being sick after i finished. But stayed with it and it got easier and easier.

Good luck losing your weight.

Caz

Eat less--move more! You have to expend more calories than you take in! If you do it too fast, or with "gimicky" diets, you'll just gain it all back, PLUS some. It's basically a lifestyle change. You have to eat fewer calories than you need, to lose weight!

Archived