playing a dvd slideshow?

Cruisefan7

I'm getting married in April on the Pride. We booked the DJ, so were going to be in the Beauties Dance Club for our reception and I know theres tv's in there...Does anyone know if they would play a DVD formatted video of pictures of my fiance and I growing up?

I'm getting married in April on the Pride. We booked the DJ, so were going to be in the Beauties Dance Club for our reception and I know theres tv's in there...Does anyone know if they would play a DVD formatted video of pictures of my fiance and I growing up?

I was just thinking about this today. My Carnival Wedding Planner told me it could be done, but she would need to get in contact with the DJ to find out which format my disc needed to be. She never received a response back. But how many formats are there for a DVD? Maybe if you ask your planner they will have the information.

I'm going to call again to try to get the information again. Otherwise, I'm just going to bring a DVD and hope it works.

It actually could be MP4, Divx and a few other formats. I would keep calling to see what format he needs. I really like that idea, I think it would be really neat!

When we have our reception 2 weeks after our wedding, we're going to have all of our wedding photo's playing a rotation. I may see about throwing some "growing up" photo's on the same table in frames as the laptop/digital frame (haven't decided which!!)

• 2 weeks later...

I called my planner again and she said she received a response to this question for another bride who is getting married on the Splendor. The response from the Splendor was that they couldn't play the DVD on the big monitors in the Disco, but they could provide a separate screen to play DVD. I have no idea what type or size sreen.

When I asked about the format, all she said was it had to be a DVD.

Archived