Shuttle Question---Booster Seats?

daltonsma

Hi. My kids are 3 and 5 and both under 80 pounds which by NY state law (where we live) requires them to be in booster seats. We are staying at the Hyatt at the airport on Saturday night and using the Disney shuttle service on Sunday to the boat.

My question, do they have booster seats? Or is it one of those buses/vans? Just curious if any of you with little kids used this service and what it was like.

Thanks.

Oh, also, anyone know what time the Shuttles typically leave the airport?

Hi. My kids are 3 and 5 and both under 80 pounds which by NY state law (where we live) requires them to be in booster seats. We are staying at the Hyatt at the airport on Saturday night and using the Disney shuttle service on Sunday to the boat.

My question, do they have booster seats? Or is it one of those buses/vans? Just curious if any of you with little kids used this service and what it was like.

Thanks.

Oh, also, anyone know what time the Shuttles typically leave the airport?

If you are using the DCL busses, I know there are no seatbelts on the busses. I am not sure about the commercial law regarding children under 80 lbs.

What I would suggest is to call either DCL busses, (Which is Mears Transportation (407) 423-5566) and ask or call the Hyatt since that is whom you have a room with. They might be able to bette answer your question.

You will be going on the Disney Cruise Line motorcoaches which are operated by Mears Transportation from the Hyatt to the Port. There are no seatbelts on the motorcoaches, so no booster seats, car seats or baby seats are not allowed in the seats, due to safety reasons of moving out of the seat. If by chance you ride in a Mears van, they do have seat belts and the child seats are allowed. So if you bring them expect them to go under the motorcoach in the luggage area.

Also answer to your second part of the question, you should be leaving between 9am and 10am from the Hyatt to the port. It is a 45 min ride.

In buses, it's typically not available. Don't worry about it - these situations are one-off. If I'm traveling more than a mile, I make sure we have a booster seat, but short trips are below my radar. I realize it makes me a bad mom, but there's no way I'm dragging a seat through the airport. My daughter takes field trips where there are no seatbelts and apparently it's not a problem with the state of Maryland.

When you're in the Caribbean, they are less concerned about these rules. If you plan to take any excursions, you need to accept some of these lower standards. I've seen two year olds in the Bahamas sitting in the front seat of a car. International standards are lower than US ones - if you are uncomfortable with them, then you may need to assess your ability to travel.

Archived