Help with ESTA Forms to enter USA

Scottie Girl

Do we need an ESTA form to join the Millennium in Auckland for the crossing to Hawaii. If so we are unsure how to answer the following questions.

We are UK citizens but should our port of departure be Auckland or the UK.

Also we believe there is no space for ship info only airline info. Has anyone else has filled an ESTA form to enter the USA by ship, if so is there a place on the form for ship details and entry port, or do we just leave carrier info. blank. Any info on ESTA forms will be helpful.

Scottie Girl

Do we need an ESTA form to join the Millennium in Auckland for the crossing to Hawaii. If so we are unsure how to answer the following questions.

We are UK citizens but should our port of departure be Auckland or the UK.

Also we believe there is no space for ship info only airline info. Has anyone else has filled an ESTA form to enter the USA by ship, if so is there a place on the form for ship details and entry port, or do we just leave carrier info. blank. Any info on ESTA forms will be helpful.

Scottie Girl

You can all it up online ( ESTA..... the ESTA is free BTW you don't have to pay despite what some say)...or go to cruise air section...I got good advice from people ( "Carol and Dean ") on there who seem to know what's what when we filled ours in last week. Might now be superceded by later Q&A's so check page 2 or later ???

Hi,

I think that this applies to air travel at the moment,

are you flying back from Hawaii direct to the UK (with change of plane)or are you stopping in the US?

If you plan on stopping in the mainland on your way back to the UK then fill it in as you are originating from Hawaii, you could also call Celebrity in the UK although I wouldn't bet on getting any sort of answer.

Have a great cruise Hawaii is beautiful.

I have already my ESTA (German citizen) and I talked at my last time to a Immigration Officer, YOU NEED IT regardless if you get into the USA by ship, train, bus, car, walk or plane! So just put, if you do not see the by ship a flight no. in, this form is for multiple entrances to the USA anyhow and good for 2 years, so it basically doesn't matter what kind of arrival info you have in there, since it could have changed anyhow. It is basically a electronic I-94, but you also still have to fill out the green I-94 form until further notice.

I have already my ESTA (German citizen) and I talked at my last time to a Immigration Officer, YOU NEED IT regardless if you get into the USA by ship, train, bus, car, walk or plane! So just put, if you do not see the by ship a flight no. in, this form is for multiple entrances to the USA anyhow and good for 2 years, so it basically doesn't matter what kind of arrival info you have in there, since it could have changed anyhow. It is basically a electronic I-94, but you also still have to fill out the green I-94 form until further notice.

Scottie Girl

Prada Coyboy is correct. The ESTA is mandatory from last Monday [12th] but, as it is a multi entry visa waver, you can use any flight details. The independant travel correspondent did this on Radio 4 when the website first openned. He had no travel plan at the time.

Sue

Archived