45 views and still no answer!!!

TRESE

Help.....I need answer to previous question about price of Dolphin Cove Independently, instead of a Carnival excursion. I can't seem to find a walk-in price. Help!!! anyone??? My cruise is coming and i dont want to pay Carnival for what i can do myself.

Something to think about.If it is the one that takes you from MoBay to Ocho Rios,be aware of the 2 hour drive each way.The roads there are very treacherous.

We did a tour on our own a couple of years ago ,And we didnt know if we would make it back to the ship in time.There was an accident on the road on the way back,and there was only room for one car at a time on the road.At least when you book with the ship they have to wait on you.

We feel very comfortable making our own arrangements in other places ,just not in Jamaica,we like the safety net.

25 more days to cruise-Conquest Feb.8th.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a this website

http://www.mysilversands.com/content/swim_with_dolphins_jamaica.aspx while search for Dolphin Cove that states the entrance fee is $45, of course it is more for programs including interaction with the dolphins. From the Dolphin Cove website I believe this is the same place but the website is a booking agency.

Would you please stop with your politics. I assume that you are a vegetarian....Have you ever heard the high-pitched scream of a carrot as it's cruelly ripped out of the ground? It's very difficult for humans to hear without special technology but, I can tell you, it is a truly horrible thing.

Would you please stop with your politics. I assume that you are a vegetarian....Have you ever heard the high-pitched scream of a carrot as it's cruelly ripped out of the ground? It's very difficult for humans to hear without special technology but, I can tell you, it is a truly horrible thing.

Never ASSume. And, no, I will not stop letting people know that by supporting these venues, they are contributing to cruelty to these wonderful creatures.

Never ASSume. And, no, I will not stop letting people know that by supporting these venues, they are contributing to cruelty to these wonderful creatures.

Yea, the "never assume" joke LMAO....Good one surfgirl!!Just RELAX and let everyone enjoy their vacations without injecting your political venom into their childrens' good time....Just think of the poor, poor carrots!

Wow, just Wow. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about by warning people not to visit the parks in question (these are not third world parks). These parks do way more for the conservation of dolphins then your friends at PETA ever could. By trying to 'inform' people how bad these parks are you are in fact hurting dolphins rather than helping them. These parks make huge contributions to dolphin research and by allowing people to have an encounter with them in turn educates the public often resulting in the public making donates to dolphin conservation outside the park. We made a donation at Chankanaab after our encounter and make a donation each year to Wildlife Warriors and other organizations as a result of our dolphin encounter.

If swimming with dolphins, most if not all have been born inside the park, will continue to educate the public and prevent things like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85srTdF5YXQ

..then I am all for it. Try and get your facts straight before you post those bogus websites. As for PETA, try and understand what it really means...

P - eople

E - ating

T - asty

A - nimals

Sorry to the mods for posting this but I can't stand it when someone 'thinks' they are doing good when in fact what they are attempting will only result in the opposite.

Carry on.

Wow, just Wow. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about by warning people not to visit the parks in question (these are not third world parks). These parks do way more for the conservation of dolphins then your friends at PETA ever could. By trying to 'inform' people how bad these parks are you are in fact hurting dolphins rather than helping them. These parks make huge contributions to dolphin research and by allowing people to have an encounter with them in turn educates the public often resulting in the public making donates to dolphin conservation outside the park. We made a donation at Chankanaab after our encounter and make a donation each year to Wildlife Warriors and other organizations as a result of our dolphin encounter.

If swimming with dolphins, most if not all have been born inside the park, will continue to educate the public and prevent things like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85srTdF5YXQ

..then I am all for it. Try and get your facts straight before you post those bogus websites. As for PETA, try and understand what it really means...

P - eople

E - ating

T - asty

A - nimals

Sorry to the mods for posting this but I can't stand it when someone 'thinks' they are doing good when in fact what they are attempting will only result in the opposite.

Carry on.

I guess you know more than Jean-Michel Cousteau:

http://www.wspa-usa.org/pages/519_may_03_jean_michel_cousteau_s_open_letter_to_the_cayman_free_press.cfm

Of course, you won't read his letter because it's easier to be in a state of denial.

Finally some answers!! I dont plan to swim with the dolphins, only hang out in the water and snorkel a bit while the rest of our group climbs the falls across the street. I'm willing to pay the Carnival excursion and go to the falls (just to see them) and then go have an enjoyable stay at Dolphin Cove. Can you snorkel there? Is it any good? Can you bring your own equipment? So for $54 to go to both places is well worth it?

BTW, we swam with wild dolphins at Coki Beach in St Thomas, we were snorkeling and they swam right up to us and swam around us for about 30 minutes. It was the most awesome experience I've ever had (and it was free!!) and my son will never forget it as long as he lives!! Wonderful wild creatures......a bit scarey but awesome!!!

oops....thank you Thelmalouise for the site, i got a few of my questions answered there. We will be porting in Ocho Rios so we dont have to go far. And from what i can see, we'll be doing it through Carnival after all, for the peace of mind. ;) Again, thank you so much!!

Archived