Cost of taxi from port to Rum Point?

suekay

I can't tell you for sure, but I am sure it would be expensive. If I am not mistaken, it would take maybe 45 minutes or so by taxi to get to Rum Point from the port? It's quite a ways from Georgetown. The quickest and cheapest way is by ferry. If you can, find a map of Grand Cayman. You can see where Rum Point is in relation to Georgetown and see what I mean.

http://www2.gobeach.com/cayman/caymanmap.htm

Here is a map I found. As you can see, you would have to go around by South Sound and take the road towards Bodden Town. Then you would take the cutoff road that takes you past the Botanical Garden and up to the Northside. From there you would drive out to Rum Point. I can imagine this would be an expensive taxi fare. Hope this helps.

Right now with all the destruction to roads & property from Ivan, I would NOT recommend a taxi ride to Rum Point -- normally the ferry would be the way to go, but don't know if the ferry from Hyatt is running, since Hyatt is closed due to damage!!

When we were in GC this past spring, I had planned on a taxi to Rum Point. When we got there, we were quoted a "one way" fare somewhere around $100. Needless to say, we changed our plans and went to 7 mile beach. Next time there, I am thinking of renting a car and driving to Rum Point.

Good luck.

So not to get back for so long :o and thanks for all your replies

Taxi seems to be out at $100 one way. The ferry sounds good if it's still running with the Hyatt being closed. We've already done the stingrays three times so we fancy a change.

Favourite is hiring a car - especially as they drive on the "right" side of the road :rolleyes: :D I never thought about the damage from Ivan - will have to look into that before making our decision

Archived