-22 degrees Today , Hawaii in 49 days!

RumpunchGirl

I woke up at 5 am to get ready for work. The temp at my house read -22 degress with a windchill of -40 :eek:. I work at a High School so I immediately went to the school's web site to check for a school closing. Guess what? NO CLOSING! So I continue my ritual, warmed up the car for 10 minutes, bundled up with my 20 oz. Bubba Keg filled with hot coffee and headed out for my 30 minute commute. I was driving along looking out my semi-drefrosted windows (they never fully defrosted) thinking, in 49 days I'm out of here! WOOHOO!!!! Seriously, this is freakin' cold. I've lived here in Minnesota all my life but this is just to cold. My Hawaii vacation is looking better and better by the minute! How's your weather?

Ours sucks too...but not that bad...-4 with a windchill of -20. I'm originally from SE Wisconsin so I hear you on the cold. My youngest brother is still in High school and with the windchill of -45 they were cancelled today. Can't believe you still had to work...try to stay warm :-) At least you have something to look forward too...we don't sail until NEXT February. Have a wonderful vacation...you'll not want to come home to the cold weather that is for sure.

We're in West Virginia. Temperature right now is 16. tonight it is suppose to dip down to 3. I thought we had cold temps. Compared to your temps, right now I'm thinking that I'm glad I don't live in Minnesota.

We live for Hawaii in 30 days. We are sailing on the 2-14 cruise on the PoAM. Woo hoo!

Stay warm in Minnesota!

My co-workers and I have discussed this over and over. There are several schools that have 2 hr late start or are closed today but most are out farther (more rural) than my school. In the 11 years I've worked here, they have only closed the school once for weather. That was when the Govenor officially closed the whole state! I feel sorry for the students. We are under construction and they must travel outside to get the one of our buildings. I guess they are a very hardy bunch!

Same severe cold here in Appleton, WI as in Minnesota. All schools are closed. 6000 homes just north of us are without electricity and they can't figure out why. Friends saw it on the news and offered to come and get me if ours was out. Aren't friends great? We leave in 6 days for Hawaii! Yahoo! I REALLY need to get warm. The only place I ever thaw out in the winter is in the shower. LOL Bigred

Archived