Island Princess concern !!!

Occy

We have just booked our Panama Cruise on the Island Princess. We are in cabin A418 on Aloha deck. After doing a search on these boards, I have found some negative comments regarding noise from the deck above. Can anyone comment on this. Is this an issue whereby I sld be thinking of asking our TA to find us to another cabin ??

There is still plenty of time, this is a 2010 cruise.

We really wld appreciate any advise you can give us as I am a bit concerned. Thx.

We have just booked our Panama Cruise on the Island Princess. We are in cabin A418 on Aloha deck. After doing a search on these boards, I have found some negative comments regarding noise from the deck above. Can anyone comment on this. Is this an issue whereby I sld be thinking of asking our TA to find us to another cabin ??

There is still plenty of time, this is a 2010 cruise.

We really wld appreciate any advise you can give us as I am a bit concerned. Thx.

I looked at the deck plan and it seems you are below the corridor that goes between the two pools on the Lido deck. The only thing that you might consider is right there is lounge chairs and people do tend to drag them here and there. You are near elevators so that is a good thing but since your cruise is not until 2010 I would consider trying to get another cabin say on the Baja or Caribe decks.

Marilyn

I agree with Marilyn. I too have been looking at the Island for an upcoming cruise and I like high-up decks but decided that the potential for noise was too great, at least based on reviews from those in cabins below the Lido deck on other ships. Since you have plenty of time, maybe you should switch -- better safe than sorry.

for your prompt reply. I'll give the TA a buzz in the morning.

Once. again, much appreciated.

We were on the Island this year and found the Baha deck to be perfect! No noise from above or below!..

Enjoy

For the Canal, Emerald deck great because you are at eye level with the mechanics and mules, can even reach out and touch the lock wall. For an up close and personal view of the Canal workings, I suggest Emerald deck.

Have a great cruise!!

I agree with Marilyn. I too have been looking at the Island for an upcoming cruise and I like high-up decks but decided that the potential for noise was too great, at least based on reviews from those in cabins below the Lido deck on other ships. Since you have plenty of time, maybe you should switch -- better safe than sorry.

I agree - I would switch. We never book a cabin below a public area - just our preference. Sounds like this has more potential for noise than some.

We were on sister ship (Coral) in A416 for a 10 night Panama Canal cruise. Although I was a bit concerned about noise we were not bothered at all. Possibly a couple of times we heard some light noise but never late at night or early in the morning. In fact, we slept very well and even took afternoon naps most days. We thought it was a great location because it was only up one flight of steps to be at the pool or the buffet.

Thx for your reply Carla/Denny. I still haven't called the TA. There has been so many mixed reviews I'm still unsure if it wld be worth the extra $$ to change. I don't think I wld be able to get an alternative cabin in the same catagory with Cdn.$ at par, hence the reason I'm procrastinating. Will I live to regret my indecision ?? Time will tell I guess !!!

Thx for your reply, it made me feel a bit better. Pearl

We've been on Coral 4 times, and I've never seen the Lido Deck chairs on the outsides (over the cabins) moved around that much. They're laid out in a pattern that would make it difficult to drag one around. The chairs in the center near the bandstand get moved around a bit, but I don't think you'd get a lot of noise in outside cabins on Aloha. Before 9AM and after 5PM, both pools are pretty empty, and the only night you might hear something is Island Night. I've always been on Emerald so I can't say for sure, but the Panama trips have been pretty quiet overall. It's a great cruise - you'll love it!

Cheers,

Kirsten

Archived