Confusion, re "Cruise Compete" travel agent

JEDIKNIGHT

Gem. NY roundtrip. 7 nites.

Sent a request for 2 suites.

1.) AA (2 adults/1infant)

and

2.) A4 (2 adults)

Got a quick response stating that this type of room isn't available but the response was peculiar:

"AA is not available for 2 adults and 1 infant....here is a quote for an A4 and AB"

Weird part is that all day on NCL's site, multiple choices in this categories show available. Even 3 minutes ago, they show available.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

• Administrators

Could it be confusion about what constitutes an "infant?" NCL doesn't accept children under six months old.

If you actually are considering booking two suites, prior to using a "compete" website, it might be good to call and discuss NCL's line requirements, age limitations, etc. with a live representative.

Thanks for the tips.

Weird, I wonder why AA isn't okay for an infant? Heck, there's more room in an AA than in most other categories?

On the age, it would be 10 months at time of cruise.

I guess I'll have to call NCL.

It's gotta be miscommunication with the TA but I spelled out the request as clearly as I could .

Strangely NCL is strict about the 2 max per suite unless AB, A4, A3, A1.

Just a guess, but I am thinking they do not want these to turn into bunk rooms. And there are people out there that would do that and trash the place. Just a thought. Not agreeing, but....

Some TAs that respond on that site don't always pay the most attention either - I requested a quote yesterday and specified suite only, NO AG or AF and guess what? YUP, one of the quotes was for AG and AF.

Jedi - IMO you should get pricing on an A3 - which is perfect for those traveling with children. The smaller "kids" bedroom would be great for naptime and sleep time while the adults enjoy the great master bath and private bedroom. Plus, the A3 would be cheaper than the AA and you'd be near your friends or family in the A4.

DH and I had an A3 on the Pearl and loved the courtyard area.

don't know about the room in question but if a room is for 2 they will not let you have a 3rd person in it even if that 3rd person is an infant. Same reason you can not book a guarantee because some of the cabins are not for 3 (even if #3 doesn't need a bed).

It's a little confusing since under 2 they only charge port and tax and not a "fare" so you would think that combined with the fact you don't need a bed it would be ok but it's not. I had many many convorsations with various online travel agents and finally ncl before we figured it all out (we cruised with my son 3 times before he was 2).

Also i use cruise compete too, be careful all lines charge under 2 differently (ncl being one of the only that does not charge a cruise fare). It is hard to sometimes get accurate fare quotes for infants on that site, i wound up having to call the "winning website" often to get a revised quote.

Archived