11AM Flight, Port Canaveral to Orlando

oooohDonna

I might change to 6PM. :rolleyes:

But, contacted a service, will pick the 3 of us up and take to airport for $100, that's $33 per person. I have to pay to get to airport regardless, so that is not a issue.

I'm thinking if it's a hour drive and we got off as late as 9, airport by 10, we would be ok. Does that make sense?

I know it all revolves around everything going smoothly. Would be taking a chance I know.

Arriving at MCO at 10:00 AM does not automatically mean that you will make an 11:00 AM flight on Southwest. You have to check luggage, clear security, take the train to your concourse, and then walk to your gate.

This airport gets a lot of "occasional travelers," and sometimes the wait at security can be awful.

AG

Be sure with Avis, that they don't charge you the add-on for fuel. Even though it was only a few dollars to fill up, I did that both ways and showed them the receipts both in Cocoa beach and in Orlando. I was charged the "surcharge" anyway.

They took if off immediately when I emailed after returning home. It was just annoying to go out of my way to fill up the car, show them the receipts, and have the charge tacked on. Just check your receipt before you leave.

Think you made a wise decision to change your flights. Now you can be the last ones off the ship and get a couple extra hours of vacation!

I think that was a good call. The reason the price for those before-noon flights was so "good" is that the airlines know that cruise passengers (mostly) aren't going to be able to make them.

Hope you have a great time!

Actually the price for the 6PM flight was the same as the 11AM one, but I see your point as I surely was tempted to try for the 11AM one. HA!

Thanks so much for posting this question Donna!

I was researching our flight options tonight.. and it looks like it'd be difficult to get off the ship on a Sat. in Port Canaveral and get to MCO in the morning.

What time would be the earliest that any of you'd suggest flying out of MCO (Orlando) after finishing a cruise?

We have a long trip ahead of us back to Canada on the East Coast. Flying into Maine and then 4+ hr. drive home... hmmmmmmmm:o

Thanks so much for posting this question Donna!

I was researching our flight options tonight.. and it looks like it'd be difficult to get off the ship on a Sat. in Port Canaveral and get to MCO in the morning.

What time would be the earliest that any of you'd suggest flying out of MCO (Orlando) after finishing a cruise?

We have a long trip ahead of us back to Canada on the East Coast. Flying into Maine and then 4+ hr. drive home... hmmmmmmmm:o

Earliest I would recommend is noon.

Archived