Ecstasy On Board Liquor Store Question

siouxsieq

Does anyone know if the liquor store on board the Ecstasy sells tonic water and/or other mixers? If so, are you allowed to take those back to your room, or do they hold them until the end of the cruise like they do with liquor sales? We'd rather buy full size bottles to keep in our room, rather than single servings from the bars.

The duty free shop sells booze, not mixers. Soda is sold on some ships from vending machines as well as in the souvenir shops but I doubt tonic water is one. You will need to buy tonic water by the glass or with a soda card, from a bar or bring some with you from home.

Thanks, YST! How about the duty free shops in Cozumel or Progresso? If we purchase tonic water/mixer from port, will they confiscate as we reboard? I'd just hate to have to pack that in my luggage. I'd rather save the room for the good stuff! :-)

You wouldnt have any soda confiscated, no liquor in it. Buy it in the ports by the 2 liters, as I have seen plenty do. You dont need to just buy it in a duty free shop. Find a grocery store would be cheaper.

Pack a couple in your suitcase in cans when you board too the ship originally. But yes you can bring more from the ports onboard too.

Thanks, YST! How about the duty free shops in Cozumel or Progresso? If we purchase tonic water/mixer from port, will they confiscate as we reboard? I'd just hate to have to pack that in my luggage. I'd rather save the room for the good stuff! :-)

As firefly points out, you are allowed to bring soft drinks on board, both at embarkation and at a port of call.

In Progreso their is a supermarket about three blocks from the flea market where the shuttle drops passengers off. In the picture below you will see the flea market on the right. If you walk three blocks up the street in this picture, by up I mean in the direction the picture is taken, past the lighthouse, opposite direction from the beach, you will find the supermarket on the right, the same side as the flea market. They have a large variety of soda as well as beer and hard liquor. The prices are very reasonable. They will accept US Dollars but will make change with Mexican Pesos. I suggest you bring enough small bills to minimize the change. This is a good rule of thumb for any port.

1497127156080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Is it possible to buy a bottle of rum or vodka in the on board liquor store to keep in your room to mix with coke or juice?

No, there are lots and lots of threads on here about smuggling alcohol or buying before the cruise from the boy voyage department, search for those for more info, we don't need another alcohol thread for sure! You cannot carry alcohol on to any Carnival ship except for 1 bottle of wine per adult.

Does anyone know if the liquor store on board the Ecstasy sells tonic water and/or other mixers? If so, are you allowed to take those back to your room, or do they hold them until the end of the cruise like they do with liquor sales? We'd rather buy full size bottles to keep in our room, rather than single servings from the bars.

We just get a few cans from the closest bar, no need to carry them on board. They will put them in a a bucket with ice too.

No, there are lots and lots of threads on here about smuggling alcohol or buying before the cruise from the boy voyage department, search for those for more info, we don't need another alcohol thread for sure! You cannot carry alcohol on to any Carnival ship except for 1 bottle of wine per adult.

First of all, I was not asking about BRINGING alcohol on board. I was asking about BUYING it FROM THE SHIP'S LIQOUR shop and taking it back to my cabin. I'm sorry if I have missed the multiple other threads about EXACTLY my question (which I have yet to see). But before you answer someone's question, if the threads about alcohol annoy you, why do you bother to read let alone answer them?

There was absolutely NO need for you to be so rude about it. But thank you for your answer anyway. It, in no way, came close to answering my question.

Is it possible to buy a bottle of rum or vodka in the on board liquor store to keep in your room to mix with coke or juice?

No. When you buy from the on board liquor store, they keep it for you until the last night and then deliver it to your cabin.

The only way you can buy a bottle for consumption in your room is to pre-order it before the cruise to be delivered to your room. I have read here that it is around $35-$40 or more per bottle, depending upon what you order. Not the cheap prices you find in the liquor store by any means.

No. When you buy from the on board liquor store, they keep it for you until the last night and then deliver it to your cabin.

The only way you can buy a bottle for consumption in your room is to pre-order it before the cruise to be delivered to your room. I have read here that it is around $35-$40 or more per bottle, depending upon what you order. Not the cheap prices you find in the liquor store by any means.

Thank you! Thats all I needed to know. I knew you could buy it in port and they would confiscate it when you boarded until you debark, but I wasn't sure about buying it by the bottle on board.

First of all, I was not asking about BRINGING alcohol on board. I was asking about BUYING it FROM THE SHIP'S LIQOUR shop and taking it back to my cabin. I'm sorry if I have missed the multiple other threads about EXACTLY my question (which I have yet to see). But before you answer someone's question, if the threads about alcohol annoy you, why do you bother to read let alone answer them?

There was absolutely NO need for you to be so rude about it. But thank you for your answer anyway. It, in no way, came close to answering my question.

Little sensitive today are we? Just the facts. I was just surprised that it seems you've been on this board for at least a while and have never seen all the alcohol threads INCLUDING several about the duty free shops and holding alcohol until the last day. I think you need to chill a bit today after all it is FRIDAY!

Little sensitive today are we? Just the facts. I was just surprised that it seems you've been on this board for at least a while and have never seen all the alcohol threads INCLUDING several about the duty free shops and holding alcohol until the last day. I think you need to chill a bit today after all it is FRIDAY!

No, I'm not sensitive, I just don't care for rudeness. If you are annoyed at the question being asked, just ignore it, don't bother to answer it at all (which again, you did NOT answer my question, but someone else very politely did). As far as my being on these boards for a while and there being numerous other threads about alcohol, yes I have read several, but I'm sure I have not read them ALL. But no, I have NOT seen one specifically asking or answering the question about buying it on board and being able to take it back to the room or not. I guess I missed that one. That is why I asked. I guess I should make sure I've read every thread start to finish before I ask another question.

This was very rude. If you don't like the topic then just move on by.

What's so hard about that?

Dr. Jack

I encountered an apparent exception to the policy of the on board store holding your booze until the last day. At least this was true on the Conquest last Spring. If you were to buy a bottle of very very expensive booze you could wrap it up and take it with you then and there.

The specific bottle in question was Johnnie Walker Blue Label in the presentation case. Something like $250 plus.

Archived