Extras given in Penthouse Suite?

CruisinLady60

My husband and I are leaving on the Imagination 1/23 and for the first time booked a Penthouse Suite. We are really looking forward to this. Carnival told me that the only "extra" we will get besides a larger room and balcony is the special embarkation/debarkation. We get that anyway, being VIP guests. Has anyone out there ever booked a Penthouse Suite on Carnival and, if so, can you tell me what, if any, extras you received?

Well the Carnival rep said it exactly right.

Priority Embarkation/Debarkation.

That's it.

Then great room, and the most private balcony in the entire Carnival Fleet.

If you want to check some pictures of what you're getting...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6392925

From before the refurbs to the current.

:cool:

This is Carnival, lol. Nope, you get nothing extra in your cabin. I hope Carnival changes this as there really should be something. Cut flowers? A cheese tray, something... anything?

You should see the list of extras Im getting for booking a CC balcony on Celebrity. Sweet!!!

This is Carnival, lol. Nope, you get nothing extra in your cabin. I hope Carnival changes this as there really should be something. Cut flowers? A cheese tray, something... anything?

You should see the list of extras Im getting for booking a CC balcony on Celebrity. Sweet!!!

And, of course, the price is the same on both ships, right?

Don't you think that at the price you pay for a penthouse suite they could at least set up a mini bar and give a choice of 2 bottles of liqour and set ups in the cabin. Then charge for any additional. even the bankrupt airlines gave free liqour to first class flyers. Oh! Maybe that's why the went bankrupt?:D

And' date=' of course, the price is the same on both ships, right?[/quote']

I always hear that excuse why Carnival does nothing for their suite guests. Because they are so cheap. No wonder they have to upsell the suites, they cant sell them on their own merits. Ever notice the upsells are to suites because they arent selling? Carnival could so easily make them special and not spend a lot to do it.

It does make you think twice, I'll be honest. DH and I have most recently been in the NCL suites and there are a lot of perks. We booked Cat 12 (not upsell) for our May 3 cruise. But I thought twice about it, to be honest. It's hard to feel you are getting good value for the money.

Funny....I just upgraded to penthouse for my cruise on 1/31/09. I negotiated it from regular balcony to Penthouse for just $100 a person more. In addition, they are giving us a bottle of champaigne and a photo credit. So, I guess upgrade to Penthouse does get you more than just special embark/debark. But then again, guess it depends on who you are. :rolleyes:

Funny....I just upgraded to penthouse for my cruise on 1/31/09. I negotiated it from regular balcony to Penthouse for just $100 a person more. In addition' date=' they are giving us a bottle of champaigne and a photo credit. So, I guess upgrade to Penthouse does get you more than just special embark/debark. But then again, guess it depends on who you are. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Im sure you are aware that you got it because they couldnt sell the suites at regular price, so Carnival threw in something to get you to take the suites. Carnival needs to either price the suites so they sell in the first place or quit this upselling. If everyone knows they can often upsell cheaper AND like you said negotiate the price, why would anyone pay full price and get nothing for booking a Carnival suite. I really believe Carnival is losing out here, and needs to rethink this. .... if they offered this stuff in the first place for booking a suite, they wouldnt have to sell the suites for practically nothing just before the sailing ($100 pp is cheap to upgrade to a suite). From a business standpoint, this makes little sense to me.

Im sure you are aware that you got it because they couldnt sell the suites at regular price, so Carnival threw in something to get you to take the suites. Carnival needs to either price the suites so they sell in the first place or quit this upselling. If everyone knows they can often upsell cheaper AND like you said negotiate the price, why would anyone pay full price and get nothing for booking a Carnival suite. I really believe Carnival is losing out here, and needs to rethink this. .... if they offered this stuff in the first place for booking a suite, they wouldnt have to sell the suites for practically nothing just before the sailing ($100 pp is cheap to upgrade to a suite). From a business standpoint, this makes little sense to me.

I see your point and I guess I have to agree with you. I have booked suites directly in the past (full price) probably won't again since I can probably upgrade for less later. Maybe you should put a business plan together and present it to Carnival?

Please, do you really think a free bottle of champagne and some cheese would get more folks to book a suite?:rolleyes: The aft corner suites sell out pretty quick, but this is a cruise line ppl book because it's a good value for the money. Champagne and cheese would not make it so.

Archived