Midnight buffet, champagne fountain?

fritzi

Hi guess I'm showing my age but was wondering if RCCL has the midnigt buffet, champagne fount, ice carvings, chocolat buffet that were popular with guest several years ago? Is there anything super special to look forward to on our Indy cruise upcoming like that?

They used too but its one of the things they have cut back on.

They were great to see but they used the excuse to me "That feedback from our passengers tell us they didnt like to see all that waste with so many starving in the world"

That actually means "We found a great excuse to save some money and blame the passengers!!!"

However it was a huge waste of food

They usually have an ice carving demo on a sea day by the pool. Don't get too close - ice chips go flying! Also, I thought the still have an ice carving on display wth fruit on the deck where you board as a welcome thing. They used to have a late evening pool party with a few desserts and barbecue on deck around 11 PM one night. They usually have some carved fruit and ice there. I'm not postive if they dropped the pool party. There was one in May. I've seen carved fruit or bread displayed in the Windjammer during lunch.

No more midnight or chocolate buffets. I miss the chocolate one in particular! I think they stopped those in 2006. They had a champagne fountain at the platinum & diamond C&A party in 2007 when I sailed on Rhapsody not one on Legend. That is probably gone too.

Archived