Question for Tom at Paradise Beach

disneycruising

Tom,

My family will be sailing on the Disney Magic next week and will be in Cozumel on Wednesday, Nov 24th. We are planning to spend the day at your beautiful beach. I have two boy with life-threatening peanut and tree nut allergies. Would my boys be able to "safely" eat in your restuarant?

Cindy

Let me clarify your post a bit if I may. Tom, not only is Cindy asking about cooking with nuts, but also with nut based products such as cooking oils. This is also an issue in massage therapy as many massage oils/creams/lotions are nut oil based. Although your sons may not be massage therapy fans yet, Cindy, please let them know that if they someday want a massage, they need to let their therapist know about their allergy in case they are not asked.

Elaine,

That is a really great idea. Where did you find a translation into spanish? Would you be willing to share this with me?

I am really worried about feeding my boys when I can't speak the language. Last time we where in Cozumel we bought Lay's potato chips for the boys, but the label was in spanish. We ended up going back to the ship to eat lunch.

What ship are you cruising on?

Cindy

Cindy,

If you go to go AltaVista dot com ... you can do translations. Just go to the language, ie, from english to spanish and type in what you want to say and you can get the translation. There are other sites too that do this, just do a google on translating and you'll see. Good Luck

OK Chef assures me as well that we don't have anything with nuts, our oil is sunflower, and our salad dressing have no nut products either. Our bread is baked in a local bakery, I don't know if it comes in contact with any of their pastries that have nuts, but maybe lay off the bread to be on the safe side?...hasta la vista!

Donna...don't know why they won't let you e mail me...I checked off "allow e mail address to be downloaded" or whatever it says, but I guess I screwed something up.

Anyhoo...you can't "book" us, we're not an excursion and have no affiliation with the cruise ships. We're just your friendly, neighbourhood beach club, so grab a cab and tell the driver to bring you here!

As for the time change, there is no one definitive answer that'll cover every cruise ship. Just find out when you board, they'll tell you whether to change your watch, or keep on ships time or whatever. Cozumel is on Central Standard Time (CST) same as Texas...adios!

Archived