"LIVE" from the Majesty / 01-17-2009

Radio

Radio, I see you are from Baltimore. We're sailing the Majesty out of Baltimore to Bermuda on June 21st and it would be wonderful to meet you after reading all of your fantastic live reports. So, come on huh? :D

CG

ha ha ha. . I will be going on a Cruise to Bermuda this year. . I am just not sure which one !

Radio

;);)

Thanks for the insight AWinkler. I would be more than happy to have my kids enjoy the kids program while DH and I enjoy the shows.

You're more than welcome, ready4. I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise on Majesty. Too bad we're not on the same sailing.. a few weeks apart.

Do take a look at those Dailies so you can plan accordingly. ;)

Radio, thanks so much for your "Live" report. DH and I have cruised other lines but we will be aboard the Majesty in 2 days for our first "freestyle" cruise. Your report did a lot to solve some of my concerns and we are looking forward to our cruise aboard the Majesty with the same Bahamas itinerary as your report. Really appreciated you posting the "dailys"... I have a lot to plan for. Thanks again. Sherry

Radio, we are booked on the last one for the Majesty out of Philly. We cruised her 3 times last year and felt we really want to be on the last one for her with NCL. You should think about that one!

(Or the one with Crusingram as we are on that sailing as well!)

Radio, thanks so much for your "Live" report. DH and I have cruised other lines but we will be aboard the Majesty in 2 days for our first "freestyle" cruise. Your report did a lot to solve some of my concerns and we are looking forward to our cruise aboard the Majesty with the same Bahamas itinerary as your report. Really appreciated you posting the "dailys"... I have a lot to plan for. Thanks again. Sherry

Bon Voyage, Osprey!! Hope you have a great time!

Radio, Do you know if they permitted sharing at the various "tastings"? The wife and I would like to attend the wine tasting. However, not being "seasoned" drinkers, we would much prefer to share then have to each pay the $15.

Hi Radio!

Just caught up on all of your posts here and had a great time. :)

Some random thoughts...

Glad to hear you had a fun Meet&Greet. The Yankee Swap is a real ice breaker, isn't it?

I had no idea the former Norway tenders were still in use. They took us to some wonderful destinations years ago.

Great pic of those five ships in port and the two "Majesty" ships docked together. Those ugly rock climbing walls take a real bite out of the aft view of the RCI Sovereign class Viking Crown.

What was one heck of a big Pelican! :eek:

As always, it's a treat to "tune in." Thanks for posting! :cool:

Radio, Do you know if they permitted sharing at the various "tastings"? The wife and I would like to attend the wine tasting. However, not being "seasoned" drinkers, we would much prefer to share then have to each pay the $15.

I would definitely be interested to know this too, particularly in the case of the martini tastings.

Radio,

Great review, I haven't booked my April cruise yet, but your review definitely got me excited. Do you remember what time you were able to disembark. I'm looking for airfare to Charleston and there is a flight out at 10:30am. Wondering if I can make it or get stuck at the airport till 5PM. I hate waiting around an airport after a cruise. I just want to get home.

Quick question. First of all thanks for the in depth review. I leave in less than a month and can't wait. Ok, my question is, where do you recommend eating lunch on board. Are the restaurants the best bet over the buffets? I read on another thread about a different ship that had breakfast and lunch at the italian restaurant, is that true on this ship too or is breakfast only offered in the one main dining room? Thanks for anyone who can answer this.

• 3 weeks later...
Radio,

Great review, I haven't booked my April cruise yet, but your review definitely got me excited. Do you remember what time you were able to disembark. I'm looking for airfare to Charleston and there is a flight out at 10:30am. Wondering if I can make it or get stuck at the airport till 5PM. I hate waiting around an airport after a cruise. I just want to get home.

The first call for Express Debarkation was at 8:15AM. . . I left at 10AM. . .Getting through customs was very fast.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have the Majesty booked out of Baltimore in July and I too am concerned. In Radio's pictures the pool area where the band is looks really small and narrow. It looks like on the upper deck you can barely walk by the lodge chairs.

If you read any post that sell the ship let me know as I'll will probably bail on this trip. It was a good price however its still 3k for a family of 4.

Majesty to Bermuda…9/20/08

Let me start by telling you all that this was my first NCL cruise, but my 37th since 5/86 and I am not in the travel business. We are Celebrity/RCCL people!!!.....some of the reviews I read prior to sailing made me wonder why I was making the mistake of sailing w/NCL and esp. on the Majesty….I am glad I tried her for myself!!!!!

SHIP: loved everything about her….her size was perfect…being small she held the rough seas very well…she was older but I found her to be well maintained and most charming

CABIN: 907...upgrade..from larger outside…size was perfect…the bed was most comfortable…the bathroom was a great size…loved all the windows in the living room area and the window in the bedroom area…the attendants were excellent, kept the ice buckets and towels refreshed often…first cabin that was an excellent temp…I am always warm and can never get a cabin that gets cool enough, but this cabin was perfect and we did not have her as cold as she could be set....have had the FAMILY suite and JR suites on RCCL Explorer, Majesty and Voyager and a SKY suite on the Constellation as well as several balcony cabins but have never had one cool enough for me…I keep the AC @ 69 at home and heat at 63 during the day and 58 at night, so you know how important COOL is to me…my husband wears 1-2 flannel shirts most of the time esp. in the winter

FOOD/SERVICE…free style is for us…..don’t know how the servers managed in the dining rooms, since they were always turning the tables over as soon as they were cleaned…if you have 2 seatings, you know there will be 2 rushes and be able to control serving at each tables…sometimes we got our courses in the wrong order, but who cares….someone cooked it, served it and cleaned up after we were through and IT WASN’T ME!!! The servers kept on apologizing for this but we just smiled and said….WE ARE ON VACATION AND ARE IN NO HURRY!!! ….we wait for food when we go out to eat in NJ so what’s the issue if we wait a few minutes for such an outstanding meal when we are on vacation?....as for flip flops in the dining rooms, I couldn’t tell you what people were wearing and I didn’t care!....what you wear has no impact on my vacation or meal whatsoever!!!....one night we ate outside and we were so comfortable in our dressed down clothes but eating dressed up food!!!!

ENTERTAINMENT….usually don’t do the shows, but the cruise director JOHN, was the best...don’t miss SAM the comedian and esp. SYLVIA the ventriloquist….don’t miss the crew talent show that was one of the finest ideas ever!!!!

OVERALL…. I’m at the “Elite” level with Celebrity and the “Diamond” level with Royal Caribbean and found this service to be far superior…everyone was so friendly yet remained professional….we have already booked the Majesty for next year and are sorry she is leaving the fleet….we are sailing the EXPLORER on 12/12 from Bayonne and I am sorry we are not going on the DAWN from NY…..I am sold on NCL after just 1 cruise!!!....we did not dock at the main dock, but they explained they were doing maintenance—we found out/witnessed them working on the lifeboats and I am comfortable knowing the life boats are fit to run GOD FORBID if needed

We met up with the Cruise Critic group and want to thank MARY for doing a wonderful job in organizing everything!!!! We also had dinner on the last night and they had no problem seating/serving 22 of us in the Seven Seas.

If you want charm, cleanliness, excellent and outstanding service, give the Majesty a try…and don’t forget…she’s the only one offering 3 overnights in Bermuda!!!!

Sandi ~ first of all, you must be a human furnace! I bet you burn calories like no one's business!! Lucky!

Secondly, when I read your introduction, I thought, uh oh.. here we go.. an experienced cruiser about to blast li'l ol' precious Majesty! LOL Wow.. am I glad I was wrong. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us your experiences.. while of course, I agree with you on every level, my cruise history is nothing compared to yours.

Thanks again.

A.

Quick question. First of all thanks for the in depth review. I leave in less than a month and can't wait. Ok, my question is, where do you recommend eating lunch on board. Are the restaurants the best bet over the buffets? I read on another thread about a different ship that had breakfast and lunch at the italian restaurant, is that true on this ship too or is breakfast only offered in the one main dining room? Thanks for anyone who can answer this.

Hi Gregg ~ I've sailed Majesty twice and will again in 2 months. We almost always ate breakfast and lunch in the MDR Seven Seas. The other MDR, Four Seasons is only open for dinner. Many people prefer the buffet since it's near the pools. We just happen to love being served by the wonderful staff.

Another secret not everyone knows, is on embarkation day, you can have a nice quiet lunch in Seven Seas, instead of going to the Lido deck, do the buffet with everyone else and try to find a table. The hostess of Seven Seas will probably try to steer you to the buffet, just let them know you'd like to have lunch in there.

Hi Sandi,

Looks like we'll be sailing together again.:)

I agree with everything you posted about the Majesty. I can see where she might not be the ship for everyone, with people wanting a big, new ship with all the razzle dazzle these days but for us, we think she is perfect. The Majesty reminds of so much of Celebrity's Zenith and RCCL's Empress of the Seas who are now both gone. The Majesty will be the third ship that we've fallen in love with and will no longer be around.:(

Hi Sandi,

Looks like we'll be sailing together again.:)

I agree with everything you posted about the Majesty. I can see where she might not be the ship for everyone, with people wanting a big, new ship with all the razzle dazzle these days but for us, we think she is perfect. The Majesty reminds of so much of Celebrity's Zenith and RCCL's Empress of the Seas who are now both gone. The Majesty will be the third ship that we've fallen in love with and will no longer be around.:(

That's how I feel about the Dream. I miss her. She was my first cruise ever and I wish I could have gotten to sail on her again.:(

Jill

Hi iheartbda - We'll be cruising on the Majesty for the first time in April. I'm so excited to think that that ship is like the ones I started cruising with. I can't believe the Zenith is gone .... we sailed on her maiden voyage and it doesn't seem so long ago. Time flies!!!!!!!

Hi iheartbda - We'll be cruising on the Majesty for the first time in April. I'm so excited to think that that ship is like the ones I started cruising with. I can't believe the Zenith is gone .... we sailed on her maiden voyage and it doesn't seem so long ago. Time flies!!!!!!!

It wasn't her very last voyage but we did sail on the Zenith's last trip to Bermuda.:( She was our introduction to cruising and we loved everything about her. I think, at least I hope, that you will have the Zenith's physical "feel" on the Majesty like we do.:)

How much does the Sandals in Nassau cost for a day pass????? What does that include? Thanks for any info!

The cost is 120.00pp for unlimited food / bvg, beach, and non motorized water sports.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived