Ships in port...

macusa19

I know this may have been asked before, but I don't have a lot of time to search the posts...isn't there a website that will tell you what ships will be in Cozumel on a particular day and what pier they will be docked? If so, could someone share???

Does the International Pier have shops nearby? All the other times we docked at Coz we were at a pier that had shops with a festive atmosphere: ie music, and an outside bar. I did a lot of shopping there, especially for vanilla. (didn't have to carry it around while "doing" downtown.)

My advice is to walk out of the international pier doors. Go out to the street and turn right at the sidewalk. Walk about a block and you will see Puerta Maya which sounds like where you landed last time. You can shop there...they won't care. Excellent shopping there.

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked at the cruise calendar for Dec. 8 when we will be in Cozumel on the Elation. Looks like TEN ships in port that day! Wow... I suppose it will be a madhouse. Does anyone out there know how many ships can be accomodated at the piers? Will some of the ships have to tender in and how is that decided?

I hope we don't have to tender in, but even if we do, I just looked at the weather for Cozumel. Looks like upper 80's with scattered clouds. A very welcome change from Minnesota! I guess we'll find out about the pier situation when we get there....a week from tomorrow!

Archived