Sapphire Princess...stateroom question

tulips*n*truffles

Hi everyone! Did you ever realize how many decisions have to be made in like a week?! Wow!

So I've already made a decision on this one, but I'm curious to know if you'd have done the same. I can still change my mind, but I'm just not sure.

On the Sapphire Princess, if you had to choose between:

Emerald deck, port, aft, balcony (cabin at the absolute back of the ship)

OR

Caribe deck, starboard, forward, balcony

OR

Dolphin deck, port, forward, mini-suite

...what would you have chosen? I'm just sure 90% of you are going to say the mini-suite, which makes me ask - does it bother anyone that the balconies are completely uncovered?!

Just looking for input. Thanks!! :-)

Natalie

Hi everyone! Did you ever realize how many decisions have to be made in like a week?! Wow!

So I've already made a decision on this one, but I'm curious to know if you'd have done the same. I can still change my mind, but I'm just not sure.

On the Sapphire Princess, if you had to choose between:

Emerald deck, port, aft, balcony (cabin at the absolute back of the ship)

OR

Caribe deck, starboard, forward, balcony

OR

Dolphin deck, port, forward, mini-suite

...what would you have chosen? I'm just sure 90% of you are going to say the mini-suite, which makes me ask - does it bother anyone that the balconies are completely uncovered?!

Just looking for input. Thanks!! :-)

Natalie

We went with the aft balcony on the Emerald deck. We decided, with some input from here, not to go with a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck, forward. While the extra space would have been nice in the mini, we won't use the tub. We read about the awesome view from the aft cabins and it's proximity to the Horizon court. We intend to have breakfast on the much larger, covered balcony every morning. If the price was the same or close I would probably opt for any mini-suite (except with the option of the aft) just to say been there done that. With only a few aft balcony cabins available, I feel lucky to reserve one.

I was just in C753 which is aft last month on the Sapphire and would certainly book that cabin again. So my choice would be aft balcony on the Emerald deck if those were my 3 options.

I even marked my booking as "no upgrade" as there was no way I wanted an uncovered balcony! Obviously a lot of people don't mind it but I would hate it and the balcony is the best part of the cruise for me so didn't want to take any chances.

The size of the cabin was just fine for DW and I and I liked being aft with the view and limited foot traffic back there.

In May we were on the Grand in Caribe forward. We are booked on the Sapphire in March and went with the same. The balconies are twice the size of the deck above and below. Plus, it is half covered. While I haven't been Aft, I have visited many located there and found the rumbling and vibrations more than I was interested in having for 7 days or more! Plus, my DH tends to have motion sickness (thank goodness for bonine!) and prefers to be forward or mid.

We were just in a Dolphin Mini and we loved it. We really liked the extra room - the balcony cabins are pretty small so the couch area was great. We really liked the extra room. We had absolutely no issue with the open balcony - I know lots of folks do but it puzzles me. I also get motion sick so a mid cabin is much better for me than aft.

We were just in a Dolphin Mini and we loved it. We really liked the extra room - the balcony cabins are pretty small so the couch area was great. We really liked the extra room. We had absolutely no issue with the open balcony - I know lots of folks do but it puzzles me. I also get motion sick so a mid cabin is much better for me than aft.

Some folks want the freedom of being able to walk onto their balcony naked without being observed by everyone above them, I guess... :p

Ever since the Star Fire, Big Brother is watching all the balconies. I wonder whether they also have night vision glasses.

Some folks want the freedom of being able to walk onto their balcony naked without being observed by everyone above them, I guess... :p

My folks had Emerald aft on our last cruise, really sweet location. We had an Emerald covered mini, another nice cabin.

I like a covered balcony because I get heat stroke easy. You do not see me in the sun. There is a noise factor, but that was not supper horrible for us. And a zero factor for my parents, dad is deaf. If noise bothers you don't book aft on Emerald or the covered minis.

Archived