Weather in September

In mid September we will fly to Barcelona, connect on to Venice then cruise back to Barcelona. I have looked at the weather in the region, but not sure of humidity and other factors. I know 80 in Baltimore is not the same as 80 in Phoenix. Can you tell me if you think that time of year is cool in the Mediterranean? Also, would you stay over-night in Barcelona or Venice?:D

In mid September we will fly to Barcelona, connect on to Venice then cruise back to Barcelona. I have looked at the weather in the region, but not sure of humidity and other factors. I know 80 in Baltimore is not the same as 80 in Phoenix. Can you tell me if you think that time of year is cool in the Mediterranean? Also, would you stay over-night in Barcelona or Venice?:D

weather will be hot/warm and I would stay in Venice:)

Since you are apparently changing planes in Barcelona, I would continue on to Venice and spend an extra night (or two) there. At the end of your cruise, spend a night (or two) in Barcelona.

We did a Barcelona to Venice cruise during the last two weeks of September and the weather was perfect .... mid to upper 70's & lots of sunshine. Venice and Barcelona were cooler than the other ports that we visited (we had overnights in both cities and daytime temps were very comfortable, but a light jacket needed in the evenings.) I didn't find humidity to be a problem.

Would highly recommend spending at least 2 nights in each city.

We have done two Mediterranean cruises, both in September. The weather was perfect! We could not ask for better weather! It was quite warm in Santorini, but not miserable. I think September is such an ideal month to travel in Europe!

Hot and with occasional storms in the late afternoon (Barcelona), and about the same in Venice. In early october/late september they may be even strong ones. In the Med we call it "Gota Fría" cold drop, as the effect of the atmosphere cooling down at the beginning of autumn. In october, major floods occur in the Mediterranean.

However early september is fine, and nothing extreme is common. But the amount of rain in Barcelona and Venice is not much the whole year round.

Did Barcelona to NJ transalantic on Constellation Sept. 2008 (started 9/4/08). The weather was plenty warm and Seville was downright hot but if you can do Baltimore in August you will love Barcelona in Sept. I liked it so much I have just booked a Greek Island tour on Nautica for September. Enjoy your trip.

Archived