Bequia, a spa question

LHC

B,

I have booked two nights at the Hampton Inn that you recommended and would like to take advantage of a spa/manicure and pedicure which spa would you recommend Diamanta Day spa is open on Saturday 9-6 pm or Spa 918 is open both Saturday and Sunday. Which one would you recommend?

LHC LInda

If you are referring to the Hampton Inn in Plantation, the huge Contour Day spa is right on that block, and I hear that it is the best place in town. 918 is very small, but nice, more of a boutique spa. I'm not familiar with Diamanta.

RoyalCruz,

Bequia recommended the Hampton Inn on 12th Avenue, as I wanted airport shuttle and port shuttle. I live a hectic live in Knoxville caring for my handicap son age 24, so I am going to come down two days prior to sailing and start relaxing and enjoying before my cruise. I find that I have so much to take care of before actually getting to the airport that if I get a manicure or pedicure, it is ruined before I get to FLL.

I looked up Contour Day Spa and it is only 7.5 miles from where I am staying and it is open Saturday and Sunday too. I want to take church in on Sunday, so I am hoping to arrive in FLL early on Saturday and I will set up the spa for Saturday. I looked up a United Methodist Church and it looked as if Christ Church on 4825 25th avenue has a contemporary service, which is like my home church.

I think a spa experience and a Ruth Chris dinner for Saturday with church, nap, and movie on Sunday, early to bed and being relaxed on Monday to the port will be delightful. I really appreciate the locals helping us with information. Thank you both.

Linda (LHC)

The Hampton Inn & Suites that I've always recommended on these boards is the one located at 7801 S.W. 6th Street, Plantation FL.

//////

Bequia, I figured that you recommended Plantation, and of course they do offer the free shuttles to/from the airport and cruiseport also, so LHC you might want to switch over there if you can. Both hotels are nice. You say that you want to dine at Ruth Chris; The Hampton in Plantation is 20 miles away from that restaurant, and the one on 12th Ave is 10 miles away.

The Plantation location has much more stuff around to walk to, but most of the restaurants are moderately priced, nice chains, no upscale steakhouses. There is also a mall and large shopping center within blocks, and a movie theatre about 2 miles away, and of course the Contour Day Spa. Sawgrass Mills outlet mall is only a few miles away.

The 12th Avenue location has a movie theatre about 4 miles away, in Hollywood. The only thing you can walk to from there is a grocery store, Big Lots, Wendy's, McDonald's, takeout pizza, and a German restaurant, as it is mostly an industrial neighborhood.

Christ Church is in my neighborhood. They have a huge young congregation and offer a lot of services to the community. It's pretty far from both hotels though. I'm assuming you won't have a car because you were interested in the shuttles.

I hope this didn't totally confuse you! Ask any questions, we are here to help.

B and R,

I switched the reservation and I will look to see what is around from this location, thank you for all your help. I am assuming this is closest to the Day Spa and I will look at the resources R has recommended in the neighborhood. I really do want to go to church on Sunday, is there a United Methodist or a Baptist (non traditional) close in Plantation with a contemporary service?

LHC

B and R,

I switched the reservation and I will look to see what is around from this location, thank you for all your help. I am assuming this is closest to the Day Spa and I will look at the resources R has recommended in the neighborhood. I really do want to go to church on Sunday, is there a United Methodist or a Baptist (non traditional) close in Plantation with a contemporary service?

LHC

I'm sure you'll be happier with that neighborhood, as there is much more around, and they have the free shuttles anyway. There are a bunch of restaurants in the Fountains which is really close to you: There is Padrino's, Carrabba's, Sweet Tomatoes, Red Lobster, Upper Crust, and Olive Garden. So you won't go hungry there! On the other side of Broward Mall and a block east on Broward Blvd is J. Alexander's, Fridays, and Original Pancake House.

There are United Methodist and Baptist churches in the area, but I don't know if they are what you are looking for:

http://www.pumc.net/templates/System/default.asp?id=29438

http://www.plantationbaptist.org/

Archived