Parking at the Terminal

cmztravelers

If possible I would like to park at the cruise ship terminal but will they allow you to park on Friday night if you aren't cruising until Sunday? We don't want to pay the $28.00/night that our hotel charges for parking. We would not be using the car once we arrived and settled into the hotel so in and out priviledges are of no concern. Changing hotels to one that allows us to park during the cruise is not an option. Does anyone have any insight on this? I tried calling the Port of New Orleans directly but if you don't know your party's extension you can't get through.

You can try but I wouldn't think so since the returning cruisers cars are already parked there. Now with NCL there along with Fantasy, it may be full.

Sorry to say but charging for hotel parking is customary because space is limited. Might as well bite the bullet & just add it into your trip costs.

If allowed, by the time you pay $14 to park at the pier & take cabs back & forth from your hotel @$7 per person, it's just as cheap to park at the hotel.

Thanks nolaAlive for the contact information for the Port of New Orleans. I've contacted them and am awaiting a response.

As for trying to see if I can park early (from another posted response) I realize I can try, but the reason I asked is because I would really like to know ahead of time rather than not knowing until the last minute. I will not be needing transportation from the hotel (or even to the hotel once I've parked since it is a short walk from the port) so the need to factor in the cost of cab rides is non-existent. I would have considered this if need be.

My original question was really quite simple and a simple "yes" we are allowed into the garage a day or two early, or "no" we are not is all that I am looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I can't give you a yes or no, but when we were parked there in December as you got to the lot you were faced with a machine to pay for the parking - the only option on the darn thing for us was "Norwegian Spirit" for the week; so I doubt that they have pay by the hour. There were attendants in the booth but they wouldn't talk to us - just waved at the machine! Credit cards are preferred. Good Luck and have a great cruise!

Archived