Car rental after cruise

jrzebird

We are sailing out of Port Everglades on March 8, 2009 and return March 15, 2009. Our plane does not leave until almost 7:00 p.m. We would like to pick up a rental a car when we leave the ship and return it to the airport. Is there a rental area at the port and has anyone ever done this?

That's what we did & are about to do again. Last time Alamo was cheaper & this time Avis is. Most have shuttles at the port but if you're leaving from FLL & don't want to wait a cab won't be much to the airport. I did the rental on The Costco web site. They don't require you to pre-pay so I book & keep checking back. I think last time I booked & canceled 3-4 times because the rates kept going down.

That's what we did & are about to do again. Last time Alamo was cheaper & this time Avis is. Most have shuttles at the port but if you're leaving from FLL & don't want to wait a cab won't be much to the airport. I did the rental on The Costco web site. They don't require you to pre-pay so I book & keep checking back. I think last time I booked & canceled 3-4 times because the rates kept going down.

Thanks Gracie. It never occurred to me to use my Costco membership. I'm going insane trying to figure out which hotel to use! I haven't been to Ft. Lauderdale since 1985. I'm thinking of the Hampton Inn City Center or the Comfort Inn Airport and Cruise Terminal. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks Gracie. It never occurred to me to use my Costco membership. I'm going insane trying to figure out which hotel to use! I haven't been to Ft. Lauderdale since 1985. I'm thinking of the Hampton Inn City Center or the Comfort Inn Airport and Cruise Terminal. Anyone have any other ideas?

We are about to have our third stay at The Embassy Suites on 17th. You can see the ships in port. They also have a free cooked to order breakfast each morning & the free drink manager's reception each evening from 4:30-7:30.

I think Costco has 4-5 rental car companies they deal with. Just go to the Costco web site & click travel at the top.

Archived