Locked balconies?

tulips*n*truffles

I've been reading a lot of posts that sortof reference to balconies being locked while cruising and only unlocked while in port. Does anyone know about that? Are all forward cabin balconies locked?? Or just the very very front facing cabins? I'm specifically thinking about Sapphire Princess.

Thanks!

You might want to refer this over to the Princess forum, but yes, on some of the smaller ships, they will occasionally lock the forward balcony doors if bad weather and wave action is anticipated. That shouldn't be a problem on the Sapphire though.

You might want to refer this over to the Princess forum, but yes, on some of the smaller ships, they will occasionally lock the forward balcony doors if bad weather and wave action is anticipated. That shouldn't be a problem on the Sapphire though.

I hadn't thought of that reason. It sure makes sense. Thanks for enlightening me.

You never stop learning something here on CC!!

I've been reading a lot of posts that sortof reference to balconies being locked while cruising and only unlocked while in port. Does anyone know about that? Are all forward cabin balconies locked?? Or just the very very front facing cabins? I'm specifically thinking about Sapphire Princess.

Thanks!

As Spikesgirl said, the only time they would lock your balcony door is if really bad weather were to occur for safety reasons. Otherwise you will be in control of the lock and able to use your balcony anytime you wish.

I think what you've been reading about is the balcony DIVIDER being locked--no your personal balcony door!

On some ships, the dividers between the balconies are able to be opened by folks staying in rooms side by side. Not all ships have that feature, and on some ships, if the dividers are able to be opened, the Captain often doesn't allow it.

You should be able to access your balcony anytime you want.!

Archived