anyone recently off the Destiny?

caesar68

Lots of people love it. I, personally, was not a fan of it. It is pretty loud, but not horrendous. They play a mix of concerts, movies and such. The day they seemed to be featuring rap and hip hop was really annoying. Problem is that everyone has different tastes, so there will be times it appeals to you and times it doesn't. Since our choice hangout is outside on deck, it was a little distracting. However, there is a forward portion and an aft portion of Lido you can go to if you desire to get away from the big screen and hubub of the main Lido.

We didn't think it was too bad. I thought it seemed to play more in the evening than during the day. There was a band that played in the afternoons. A lot during the day the had a running video of an ocean scene with waves playing. In the evening they played concert videos and movies. It was a little loud but there are so many other areas to go if you don't want to hear it. If you want to lay on the deck without the video screen just go on deck 10 on the sides or back of the boat and you can't hear anything. Have fun!

We went in October right after they installed it. Honestly, it did not really bother me, and I found that often the aft chairs were more available because people were up by the screen, so it was great for me! We were there during football season and my biggest complaint was that that they weren't showing my Steelers :D

they weren't showing my Steelers :D

Jenni, How 'bout them Steelers!

We were on the Destiny with Jenni and agree with her. It wasn't that bad. They played the ALCS with the Spanish channel. It was different seeing the game and to hear it broadcast in Spanish. The volume seemed louder at night.

If you are a person who enjoys getting out on the Lido deck early, they play CNN. I think it was on until at least 10 in the morning. That was really annoying to us - almost ANYTHING else would have been better to watch on vacation. :(

Archived