Jewel v. Gem -- spa differences?

MizLizzie

We loved the spa pass package on the Gem and will be sailing on the Jewel this spring. Does anyone know if the Jewel has the same set up, i.e., the special therapy pool, hot tub, and tiled relaxation beds? Is the spa overall just as nice?

Many thanks,

Lizzie

We loved the spa pass package on the Gem and will be sailing on the Jewel this spring. Does anyone know if the Jewel has the same set up, i.e., the special therapy pool, hot tub, and tiled relaxation beds? Is the spa overall just as nice?

Many thanks,

Lizzie

Sorry to say the Jewel Spa is no where near as nice as the Gem, but still ok.

The spa on the Jewel is more than just OK! I've never been on the Gem but the Jewel spa is located in the front of the ship. The view is floor to ceiling windows ~ a really fabulous view! There are several heated stone loungers, a nice hot tub (really hot! not luke warm like out on the pool deck), tastefully decorated, etc.

The individual treatment rooms are nothing special ~ at least the 3 I have been in. In fact, one of the rooms I was in for a hot stone massage was immediately behind the check-in desk. I could hear their entire conversations up there even over the soft music playing in my treatment room. If I was to have another treatment and placed in one of these rooms I wouldn't tolerate listening to the front desk staff again wen I was paying $150 plus dollars for the treatment. I would interrupt the treatment and ask to be put in another room.

Archived